Rear axel pinion nut recall parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tknuuttune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In May I put a deposit on a used 2011 Ram 1500 (its at a Ford dealership). They told me about the rear axel pinion nut recall and said they couldn't release the vehicle until the part was replaced, but they were hoping that it wouldn't take too long for the local Dodge dealer to get the parts in.
Well here it is 9 weeks later, and the Ford dealer tells me he's been calling the local Dodge dealers about the recall parts, and he's being told that parts aren't out yet. I've been calling Dodge dealers also (northern Ma and southern NH area) and I'm being told the same thing, no parts yet.
What have you been told or what are you hearing in your parts of the country?
Thanks

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
i'm just outside of toronto, i've called 7 chrysler dealerships including the one i bought from and they all basically said "sorry bro, we dont know when the parts are gonna come in".

so even in canada..same answer.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep same here..... received a recall notice approximately 8 months ago, but says the parts are not in, and I will be notified.... Crap!

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
:Rant:

dealer in NB says no parts yet... for a potentially deadly recall

GET THE DAMN PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
Same here in my country they dont know when they will get the parts and they say it might take very long time icon8.gif

Voodoochi1d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mine went bad about 6 weeks ago.. warranty covered.. love the lifetime chrysler warrany.. have it on both charger and ram..

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Now now everyone, it's not like we have been building axles like this for decades or anything... If I had one I would be taking the nut off and putting green loc tite on it, then if it ever has to come off tell them they should have fixed it sooner.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In May I put a deposit on a used 2011 Ram 1500 (its at a Ford dealership). They told me about the rear axel pinion nut recall and said they couldn't release the vehicle until the part was replaced, but they were hoping that it wouldn't take too long for the local Dodge dealer to get the parts in.
Well here it is 9 weeks later, and the Ford dealer tells me he's been calling the local Dodge dealers about the recall parts, and he's being told that parts aren't out yet. I've been calling Dodge dealers also (northern Ma and southern NH area) and I'm being told the same thing, no parts yet.
What have you been told or what are you hearing in your parts of the country?
Thanks

Funny, I bought a used 2010 Dodge from a dodge dealer about 1 month ago...and they didnt have a problem releasing the viechle.....

When calling Chrysler directly they say the same thing. No parts as of yet have been released.

OP
OP
T

tknuuttune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Ram I have the deposit on is at a Ford dealership (it was a trade in) and the Ford dealership will not release it until the recall is performed. But, I also have looked at several Rams, which are affected by the recall, at a Dodge dealership, and they were ready to release those trucks before the part was replaced. As a matter of fact, since I looked at those Rams at the Dodge dealership, they have been sold are are on the road with their new owners.

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
When I read my recall notice they only talked about adding a thread locker. That I can do myself

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The Ram I have the deposit on is at a Ford dealership (it was a trade in) and the Ford dealership will not release it until the recall is performed. But, I also have looked at several Rams, which are affected by the recall, at a Dodge dealership, and they were ready to release those trucks before the part was replaced. As a matter of fact, since I looked at those Rams at the Dodge dealership, they have been sold are are on the road with their new owners.

buy from dodge!
thats just cause ford doesnt want any liability for your safety (first thing ived heard about a ford dealer doing things right!) haha

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the recall still effect you if you've had your rear end rebuilt already under warranty or is it still the same defective parts they replaced?

OP
OP
T

tknuuttune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm having 2nd thoughts now about buying this RAM (I've never owned a Dodge before either). I've been following this recall for quite some time and I can't believe that its taking so long to get what appears to be a simple part/recall taken care of. And Dodge isn't offering any explanation for why its taken so long either. But I do commend the Ford dealer (who I've purchased 2 new vehicles from in the past) for not releasing a potentially unsafe vehicle. I've called numerous Dodge dealers about used RAMS on their lots who require the recall, and they said they would sell it to me and I could drive it till the parts came in......

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the recall still effect you if you've had your rear end rebuilt already under warranty or is it still the same defective parts they replaced?

The replacment parts have not been released yet, so when they come up with a proper fix for the issue, then they will probaby want to see yours again.

Digoc85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pinion nut recall

I got my notice yesterday and they keep telling me no parts and Chrysler help line doesn't know how long. This is my only vehicle and as we all will agree this is unsafe and Chrysler is not doing anything else to ensure everyone's safety. They've told me I can keep driving it. They are not taking this seriously and we need to make it serious guys. I have a 10 month old daughter who is at risk in this truck not to mention everyone around. We need something done other than being told we have to wait. This needs news attentions and for everyone having this same issue please please please get ahold of CNN tip line so they will make this nationwide known and Chrysler will HAVE to do something more.

Call them at 404-827-1500 then select option 1. Also email them at [email protected] or [email protected] or text the letters CNN AND THEN Your tip to 55333. Don't forget a space after CNN also include your number if you want a call back.

I'm asking for your guys help, please, these vehicles are unsafe and no one else will help. NOT Chrysler for sure ...

Please respond with thoughts, comments or questions.

Thanks everyone!

Criscone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here, no parts available. How's that even possible?

Digoc85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chrysler is just to worried about lining there pockets rather than fixing the safety issue putting all us at risk. It's ridiculous

arkansasdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope you guys got your parts I bought my son's 2011 a week and a half ago and took the truck to the dealer after seeing the recall on the carfax and they installed it today. Took about 45 minutes they ordered the parts last week. Anyway hope you guys have good luck.

AD

Nanuk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really pissed

I had my 2011 big horn in for tranny svc and coolant flush yesterday , I told them to update my computer and asked to address any TSB's . I never received a notice and neither did they mention anything about this recall , does it effect all 2011s ????

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had my 2011 big horn in for tranny svc and coolant flush yesterday , I told them to update my computer and asked to address any TSB's . I never received a notice and neither did they mention anything about this recall , does it effect all 2011s ????

Only if yours has the 9.25 rear end housing.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk