Rear axel pinion nut recall parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Got the recall notice in the mail with the work slip, now to book it in!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I just got mine in the mail today finally. Now make the call to schedule it.

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I read about how long these have been on backorder, however the dealer right down the road from me has them in stock. I'll take it in tomorrow for the fix.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
got mine booked in for the repair in 3 weeks.. supposedly the dealer only gets in 5 per week.... hmmm... DODGE JUST FIX THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
well today while they were looking into the axle pinion nut recall (need to determine if the quick fix will work or if there is damage already caused and potentially have to replace the whole rearend)

I had them look over the front end and I am getting the upper ball joints, and inner and outer tie rod ends on both sides replaced underwarrenty... truck has 58800km (warrenty ends at 60k) so perfect timing!!

Steelerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After readin all this I guess I'll call the two dealerships around me to see if they have this damn nut in stock or if they need to order it. It's been about 3 weeks since I last called them on it...and I just got another recall notice.

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6

My truck has a loud "clunk" when I come to a stop, and it feels like I was lightly hit in the rear! Getting worse, so I went and took the Service Mgr for a ride this morning.

After the 3rd stop he said "O, my God"! We went back to the shop and got a mechanic to go for a ride and his response was " Ohh S^*T". They will not know anything till they can get inside the r-end :mad: This will be my 6th warranty repair, with only 9000-mi on the truck!

Asked him if it could be the pinion nut, and got no response!

However, I asked what the repair was for the 11's and 12's on the pinion nut and the response was: check the nut with a torque-wrench, if there is movement ....... replace the r-end.

Well, after this 6-th repair and I can gather all the paperwork on the 6 repairs together, I have made a decision to visit a Lemon Lawyer. I want my $$ back, and not a replacement truck!!!!!