Recall notice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have this info yet cause my lady has the actually letter which I will get probley tomorrow. This letter states something about 09-12 rams with a certain vin numbers is on some sort of recall for its axles leak or something like that. Was wondering if anyone received or heard anything about this if they would please share the info. Thanks!

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just got my pinion nut recal is this what your talking about

I love how my note reads this could cause the rear to fail which could cause a fatal accident but at this time we do not have the part in to fix it

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I love how my note reads this could cause the rear to fail which could cause a fatal accident but at this time we do not have the part in to fix it

I think so....

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7

Mine failed, the rear end locked up. However, luckily I got off the freeway right before it did kama so I was only doing 35-45 miles an hour when my rear and locked up. My drive shaft snapped off where it attaches to the rear diff, and I had to get towed to the dealership. Worst part is, they wouldn't even put the bill for rental or give me a loner. They did end up replacing my entire drive shaft kama along with the gears and internals of the diff.

If it's going to fail, you'll start hearing a weird vibration noise when you let off the gas. Only during deceleration. I was on my way to the dealership to drop it off for this noise when the lockup happened.

So if they don't have a part to fix it what's going to happen?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Doesn't show up for mine. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean its not affected, probably just means they haven't found out yet, lol.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got my notice also..So when will these parts be in?? WTF..send out a recall and don't have parts to fix it?!

Last edited:

ZakkBaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Lol. Classic Chrysler...So if there is a recall, do they fix the new/used ones on the lot or what? I don't wanna buy my 4th gen in a year or so and not have this recall issue resolved.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any vehicles on the lot i'd assume would be fixed also..It'***** or miss with the pinion nut failure i think..seen where ppl only had few thousand miles on truck and it happens..have 55k on my 09 so far..want this done asap tho!!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I thought this recall was done a year ago.. I just bought my 09 and noticed on my carfax they updated it saying a recall about the pinion nut. Didn't get a notice yet but I am going to stop by tomorrow and see if they have the parts.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought this recall was done a year ago.. I just bought my 09 and noticed on my carfax they updated it saying a recall about the pinion nut. Didn't get a notice yet but I am going to stop by tomorrow and see if they have the parts.

^^ yeh I'm confused on this too..have seen where ppl have gotten it fixed but this is the first recall/notice I have received.

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got the letter from my lady this morning. The rear axle pinion nut safety recall exists in some 2009 ram 1500's equipped with 9.25" rear.

Problem is.......
Your truck may have been built without an adhesive patch on the pinion nut threads. The lack of this could allow the rear axle pinion nut to loosen and/or the rear axle to seize and separate driveshaft could cause a loss of motive power.

What Chrysler is doing......
Chrysler intends to repair your truck free of charge (parts and labor). The parts required to provide a permanent remedy for this condition are currently not available. Chrysler will contact you again by mail, with a follow-up recall notice, when the parts are available.

Once oh receive this notice just contact your dealer to schedule a appointment and ask them to hold the parts for your truck or order them before your appointment.

For some reason my trucks vin is listed in this notice but my truck is a 2011. So... I guess I'll wait till I get this 2nd notice cause I currently are not having any issues that I can hear of or feel of.

Just want to share this info and give any heads up I can give.

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7

I think the one I found was issued in mid December 2012

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
got my notice today. called the dealer there saying nobody has the parts right now?? recall notice says Chrysler is concerned for my safety? what a crock of ****. beyond pissed off with them right now!!.:wtf:

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hope mine takes a **** on the highway and flips so i can then own chrysler dont send me a notice then tell me you cant fix it lol. So guess im just supposed to have a spare car waiting around for when this crap happens.

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope mine takes a **** on the highway and flips so i can then own chrysler dont send me a notice then tell me you cant fix it lol. So guess im just supposed to have a spare car waiting around for when this crap happens.

lolol..... very true! It's like....HEY this **** is going to happen to your truck and it's not that good, so......... yeah........ we can fix it, but not yet, so good luck. lol

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I still have not received the notice although I doubt mine is original anyway with the rebuild kit I am pretty sure it came with new nut and locktite.

$miley

TonyG-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the notice about two days ago.... also states I will receive another letter once the parts are in at my dealership.. then I can take it in

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Meh. Not sure if mine is affected but I'll just be waiting for it happen. It's on chrysler so not too worried

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I got my notice yesterday. But I still have to wait for another notice when the parts come in. I hope mine doesn't fail.

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 5

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovtra