Rough County 6 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

limechallenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 4x4 Sport regular cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
So ,I'm looking at a used 2017 Ram with a 6 inch Rough Country lift with 22" wheels and 35" tires. looks to be a nice truck but I havent heard much about RC lifts. Are they comparable to any other lifts out there? I've read alot on this forum about Zone being the best bang for your buck, so I was just wondering if RC is worth a $33,000 gamble!

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you’re buying from a dealership, make sure you get something in writing in regards to warranty on the lift and associated wear items (premature wear or general use) so if it ***** the bed the dealership covers it.

As for quality RC isn’t the best, but they’re working on it. If your set on the truck, see if you can take it to an independent shop (or shops) that specializes in lifts/off-road/tires and etc and have them give it a once over and have that paperwork in hand when it comes to the negotiating table. Since a lift isn’t necessarily a dealer option (there are a few available though, off the top of my head the MOPAR 4” lift is just a rebranded SuperLift 4” lift . . . however, the MOPAR lift costs 3 times as much not including labor for install, which has to be done at the dealership, so you’re screwed 6 ways from Sunday on that, but it will/should be covered under warranty as a “MOPAR part” installed at an authorized dealership).

Do a little more research and maybe you can find something similar or cheaper without the RC lift and/or you can split that cost difference on a “better” lift.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
RC lifts give you entry level lifts which are much cheaper than the Zone and BDS kits because the high end shocks are not included.

They will use spacers for the lift until you have the coin for a nice set of coilovers. They do make nice bracket lifts for the 4th gen that leaves the door open to upgrade later.

They do offer cheaper 6" lift coilovers to get rid of the spacers in the front.