shallow mount subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
damm new age **** , my old **** pounded but now getting into DVC its a new world , new equipment

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JJ spends a lot of peoples money...just ask Bigbadram1500...lol

LOL, that's for sure. ;)

btw, I just bought a 400.1 off hifisoundconnection thru ebay. Brand new 2010model for 185 shipped. Bought it Monday night and it arrived Wednesday.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
a mono amp is best for subs - no stereo BS, no bridging. Its a class D, which uses less power and **** too (I think!)

its just easier. the 400.1 will push that P3 perfectly

yea, what JJ said. This amp is made specifically for pushing a sub.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
damm new age **** , my old **** pounded but now getting into DVC its a new world , new equipment

From what I have read, there is no difference sound wise between a DVC and SVC. The DVC's just give you more wiring options.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I think DVCs run cooler too? I dunno......I just want it to sound good. thats all that matters. :D

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
well thanks guys . its friday no sub yet but dont have a amp for it lol .

ordered a 400.1 like butch said . got the 08 model as thats what butch said would be best was looking at the 2010 model but it was the same amp just different looking so i opted for the 08 as it was cheaper .. now when they come in 2 ohm it the key , and i hook it up like the first diagram correct .

thanks again fellas for giving me the info and spending my money ..

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You wire it in with the voice coils in parallel, like in this diagram:

753-1-4ohmdvc-2ohm.gif

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
wow what a clustered thread glad it all got worked out and just for the record dvc is better and runs cooler than svc....

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
wow what a clustered thread glad it all got worked out and just for the record dvc is better and runs cooler than svc....

We will have to agree to disagree on that, the only advantage in my experience and research in the additional wiring options with a DVC

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
tomato ,,tamata .. lol just do it ... come on mail services

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
no sub? thats lame.......it shouldn't take more than a day to get to you. Should have gone with UPS or Fedex. Oh well..........it should be there tomorrow. It better be!

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
lol no worries JJ cant use it till the new amp gets here tuesday

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
We will have to agree to disagree on that, the only advantage in my experience and research in the additional wiring options with a DVC

more wiring option thus more power, lower ohms, more coils, coils disapate heat along with transferring sine waves, more waves get transfered in more coils than cramming all thru a single voice coil so theoretically from what i learned in electronics class they run more power with less heat....one of the biggest reasons you dont see svc in competitions....with my 12 or 13 yrs exp with car audio(not professionally but know guys who are doing it professionally) doing so i have used both currently running a svc which i feel is redundant but moneys been tight so ill upgrade when i can....

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
more wiring option thus more power, lower ohms, more coils, coils disapate heat along with transferring sine waves, more waves get transfered in more coils than cramming all thru a single voice coil so theoretically from what i learned in electronics class they run more power with less heat....one of the biggest reasons you dont see svc in competitions....with my 12 or 13 yrs exp with car audio(not professionally but know guys who are doing it professionally) doing so i have used both currently running a svc which i feel is redundant but moneys been tight so ill upgrade when i can....

We have similar backgrounds, 15 years of experience with car audio, and many electronics classes.

But remember that:

DVC use smaller wire for the coils, so the smaller wire has more internal resistance (land ower power handling) and they do not dissipate as much heat at a larger coil, so it balances out.

Also, coils on a basic electrical level, resist change. The change in the energy produced by the sine wave produces a magnetic field. This field is proportional to the number of turns in the coil and the impedance of the coil (thickness of the coil is related to this). So as I said, it really all balances out.

As far as for competition, the wiring options are key. They typically use amps that are rated to produce max power at 1 ohm, so you need DVC to get the impedance down that low.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
touche....you must be a electromechanical guy like myself....ill eat my humble pie....:) even tho they should cool a lil faster...but oh post 420:hat:

Last edited:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And so you see, it is thus that Einstein arrived at his theory of relativity. This concludes today's lecture.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
touche....you must be a electromechanical guy like myself....ill eat my humble pie....:) even tho they should cool a lil faster...but oh post 420:hat:

Yep. I am taking electromechanical engineering at Penn State. With all that being said, I am getting Rockford Fosgate DVCs :naughty: