Spacers needed w/4” zone lift on stock wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn’t see this specifically discussed anywhere, but forgive me if I overlooked it.

I have a 2020 Laramie(new body) with stock 20” wheels. I just ordered a 4” Zone lift from Nick and I’m planning on running 35x12.50R20 Discoverer ST Maxx on stock wheels. Will I need spacers with that setup?

I looked at the notes online for the lift and it stated stock 20s can be reinstalled with factory tire size.Was just hoping to get some clarification from someone familiar with it. I’ve never had a lift installed before.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Last edited:

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn’t see this specifically discussed anywhere, but forgive me if I overlooked it.

You might need spacers just to keep the tire from hitting the spring. I know my 4th gen was that way but it only took ½in spacers.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might need spacers just to keep the tire from hitting the spring. I know my 4th gen was that way but it only took ½in spacers.
After talking to a few people, it seems it will work without spacers. I’ll have it installed by end of next week. I’ll report back.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I put a 4" BDS lift on my 2020. I added 1/2" spacers to my stock 20s for the General Grabber ATx 12.50x35s. No clearance problems on the inside of the tire, just disappointed that I do get rubbing (left side only) on tight turns in some suspension attitudes.

Also, I had a TERRIBLE time finding longer wheel studs to accommodate the spacers. I might have gotten away with the stock ones but it was close enough that I didn't want to chance it. Ended up just figuring out the specs of the studs (no cross-reference available, and I went through my BIL that has a shop) and they turned out to have the same spec as some sort of Mustang. Ended up costing me something like $2-300 just for the (ARP) studs.