STUPID PAINT CHIPS! (Fender Flare question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM SPORT REG CAB 4X4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I got my truck two months ago and put on approx. 1,000 miles since purchasing it.

I clean it each weekend and every time I wash it, I find a new fricken paint chip! *grr!* It's so frustrating! I know, I know. It's a truck and if I didn't want any paint chips, it should be in a museum... but damn!

There wasn't NEARLY this many on it when I purchased it two months ago. There's a couple on the grille and a couple on each side of the truck. They aren't bad... but it certainly isn't good and I notice it when I wash it.

Will installing fender flares on the truck help alleviate paint chips? I have an '11 Reg. Cab Sport and am wondering what brand / type of fender flare everyone else is utilizing? I have the stock 20" wheel/tire package and I don't understand how paint chips are occurring on the side of the truck, but am guessing they're being kicked up by the tires.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
flares help some but the biggest help is mudflaps and the bigger the better, i've still managed to get a few small chips tho so some will still slip through

OP
OP
PSYS

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The 2500 flares will fit our 1500's...? Every link I found indicates 2500 or 3500 online. Sorry for the newbie question.

OP
OP
PSYS

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
flares help some but the biggest help is mudflaps and the bigger the better, i've still managed to get a few small chips tho so some will still slip through

Thanks, ANDY!

I'll see if I can find some decent flaps on other member's rides and see what they look like.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, ANDY!

I'll see if I can find some decent flaps on other member's rides and see what they look like.

i believe the ones i got are made by Husky, they are moulded plastic and took less then an hour to put on, they're not the biggest but there's plenty of bigger rubber flaps if you wanted to go that route. just remember if you get flares you'll need the mudflaps designed to fit with them

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A simple search on the forum will net you several different posts on installing 25/3500 flares on your 1500.. as well as ebay links to get you started.