Swapping 3rd gen manual v6 for v8.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ellisjay2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry i did a copy and pasted wrong topic from another site.....

After looking around online for a 3rd gen 1500 4.7 manual 6 speed or 5....the most ive come across was v6 manuals....wrong color....4wd...or too high milage.....im hunting a 1500 rwd.....and the trucks Ive came across dont match what I want or are roughed up trucks....im stayn in the price rang of 8k or so...and have found close to what i want but not so in that ball park or less.....i had an 06 ram big horn 6 speed manual....4.7....borg werner t56 if i remember.....3.73 gears......truck was outstanding...looks....sound..and drove good.....true dual flow master exhaust.....so ive been wanting a manual 4.7 once again nothing else. Ive come to an idea of buying a v6 1500 that has the color style I wanted...and doing an engine swap for a 4.7 after id find one.....I could atleast make exaclty what ive been hunting for past 2 years......if im not mistaken...as long as years are same engine swap should be compatible correct? Any one thats done this or knows more than me im all ears as this is just an idea from thinking....but would love the attempt to have exactly what i wanted....

Last edited:

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
What are you talking about Willis.Does your head hurt when you hit it?

OP
OP
E

ellisjay2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After looking around online for a 3rd gen 1500 4.7 manual 6 speed or 5....the most ive come across was v6 manuals....wrong color....4wd...or too high milage.....im hunting a 1500 rwd.....and the trucks Ive came across dont match what I want or are roughed up trucks....im stayn in the price rang of 8k or so...and have found close to what i want but not so in that ball park or less.....i had an 06 ram big horn 6 speed manual....4.7....borg werner t56 if i remember.....3.73 gears......truck was outstanding...looks....sound..and drove good.....true dual flow master exhaust.....so ive been wanting a manual 4.7 once again nothing else. Ive come to an idea of buying a v6 1500 that has the color style I wanted...and doing an engine swap for a 4.7 after id find one.....I could atleast make exaclty what ive been hunting for past 2 years......if im not mistaken...as long as years are same engine swap should be compatible correct? Any one thats done this or knows more than me im all ears as this is just an idea from thinking....but would love the attempt to have exactly what i wanted....

OP
OP
E

ellisjay2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Start looking on Craigslist and start talking to salvage yards and ask can they put it on their nation wide locator.

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you're going to that much trouble,
Hemi..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sub'd..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

ellisjay2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
How about a Hemi with a t56. I know at least one guy with one, it’s a sweet truck

I Bleed Ram Trucks

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine