Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The only one I can think of that you haven't tried is sea foam deep creep. Have heard it's really good stuff but never used it myself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Did you try heat ?
Maybe a heatgun in an attempt to expand the internal parts and melt the salt deposits inside , may take a few attempts . Once cool enough to touch then try water & vinegar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Might try graphite.

It's as if the tumblers are welded to one another. If I could just get the key in, maybe I'd keep going with liquids and heat. I can only put so much pressure on the key before it is worthless. I did try a few heating cycles; first with heat gun, then with a propane torch. No change, other than the liquid (probably PB) inside started on fire. The salt is definitely all gone now. Unfortunately, I think the damage is done. I'll mess with it again in the morning. If no change, I'm done playing around; it's getting cut off one way or another. Thanks again for the suggestions.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had to post this .... So yesterday the wife wanted KFC for supper , so after wk I head to the KFC drive through . I sat there at the Menu board and speaker for about a minute with no response from inside , so I backed up and drove back up to the speaker ...still silence ( frustrated now ) I yell HELLO ! The poor ******* the other end was shocked and said hello sir sorry I didn't here you .
Once up at the window she said and I quote " your truck is so quiet I didn't hear you I'm so sorry , most vehicles are much loader and easy to hear "
She was probably 25 yrs old so not hard of hearing !

7 qts Redline 10W-30 & an RP 20-829 Filter .

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Had to post this .... So yesterday the wife wanted KFC for supper , so after wk I head to the KFC drive through . I sat there at the Menu board and speaker for about a minute with no response from inside , so I backed up and drove back up to the speaker ...still silence ( frustrated now ) I yell HELLO ! The poor ******* the other end was shocked and said hello sir sorry I didn't here you .
Once up at the window she said and I quote " your truck is so quiet I didn't hear you I'm so sorry , most vehicles are much loader and easy to hear "
She was probably 25 yrs old so not hard of hearing !

7 qts Redline 10W-30 & an RP 20-829 Filter .

I'm pretty sure she just didn't hear the beep. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More than likely they were in there grab assing or texting.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm pretty sure she just didn't hear the beep. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
[emoji1303]LOL Actually she spacifically said : Sir you must be running Redline oil in your engine ( It's incredibly quiet ). Those amsoil guys just don't know what they're missing .[emoji16][emoji16]

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
More than likely they were in there grab assing or texting.

See post above .[emoji16][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
[emoji1303]LOL Actually she spacifically said : Sir you must be running Redline oil in your engine ( It's incredibly quiet ). Those amsoil guys just don't know what they're missing .[emoji16][emoji16]

LMAO!! Now I KNOW you're totally full of ****!! Too funny. I almost spit OJ through my nose.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

I think she said:

"Sir, you must be running Redline oil. We fry in Redline!"

Spirit79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What ever the dealer puts in. Yup. I have sunk to a new low.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LMAO!! Now I KNOW you're totally full of ****!! Too funny. I almost spit OJ through my nose.
Now that's funny right there now !

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isnt Fluid Film supposed to help break up corrosion that already exists? Maybe pick up a spray can from Lowes and try that.

They also make spray intended for circuit boards to help clear corrosion on electronic contacts, CorrosionX is one of them. I think you can find it at a local marine supply.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Except one. How to factually determine which of the top high end synthetic oils reduce wear, dissipate heat and protect rotating parts at start up. Respect the chemist and engineers who take the time to explain oil shear, drop point etc. I agree, this forum will eventually get those who want to know, our answer.

We will never be able to tell you what is the best. As we have said many many times...we Just share our experiences and leave it up to you to decide whats best for you.

If you are looking for the absolute best wear numbers you can possibly get out of a given engine, just do a UOA program. In all honesty, This thread has never been about finding the best possible wear numbers as every engine has different results with oils.

Share your personal experiences here, we would love to hear/discuss them.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
We will never be able to tell you what is the best. As we have said many many times...we Just share our experiences and leave it up to you to decide whats best for you.

If you are looking for the absolute best wear numbers you can possibly get out of a given engine, just do a UOA program. In all honesty, This thread has never been about finding the best possible wear numbers as every engine has different results with oils.

Share your personal experiences here, we would love to hear/discuss them.
Thanks, you make a good point. In the absence of long term, controlled test results, climate demand etc, the answer to best protection for long term use cannot be known.

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My lunch view,

I sit at the loading dock by my self to avoid all the ******** work drama at the luch table. Lunch is a lot less stressful that way. Nice and quiet too.

1BB63C1F-76C2-4B2A-ABC4-67097F5942CF.jpeg

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Is the following understanding correct? At this time, there are only two MS12663 oils that meet the warranty requirements. PUP and Amsoil SS

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Is the following understanding correct? At this time, there are only two MS12663 oils that meet the warranty requirements. PUP and Amsoil SS

The MS numbers are just hooey made up by FCA so that it can choose an oil company to partner with... without coming out and saying it. It's not an industry-accepted spec like Dexos. Hell, most dealers don't even abide by it as many have found. If you look up the actual criteria, most synthetic oils are far better than the minimum requirements. The specs are not easy to find, but we've found and posted the numbers on this thread before if you care enough to dig.