Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
We don't judge in this thread, I think we even talked about football and skunk catching at some point.

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The oil pump is the equalizer, 5w20 wont get to metal any faster then 5w30 in any meaningful amount of time, but the film strength will be 25%ish more with 30 weight, just a guess on my part. Remember most of the time your oil is hot, and 5w30 is also thin oil, just a little less thin then 5w20. It is a fact in the lab 5w20 got more gas mileage in a test engine. The manu is so desperate yo be up the govt's ass they need to show they are taking that CAFE **** seriously.

However, I must be the first to admit that 5w20 has been successful in the fact there hasn't been a bunch of engine failures. But as an oil guy, I don't like it. Also, there have been horrible wear numbers with 5w20 in Hemi's, we need more 5w30 UOA's to determine if that lowers wear numbers in the hemi. When we find that out, my work is done :)

I feel that Ram wouldn't recommend a oil that's causing premature wear and problems with the motor especially when there the ones that have to pay for repairs since they have such a outstanding warranty . I'm sure theyve done more research as to the effects of different oil weights way more in depth then you or I or anyone else on this forum . No offense but just my personal thoughts and opinion. Not saying there always right but I think the odds are higher with there recommendations. After all they designed and build are wonderful Hemi's.
With that being said does that mean I'll never run 5w30 ? No but I'm not ready to jump on the 5w30 wagon as of yet

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
We don't judge in this thread, I think we even talked about football and skunk catching at some point.

ya have to save something for the coffee house......:roflsquared:

Reactions: SyN

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm married. What is this ten dollars you speak of???

See guys if you give a guy a chance sometimes you are pleasantly surprised. I bet all of us thought this guy was a **** head troll always putting in foot in his mouth with that stupid school humor 1500 post bullchit, but we give him a little chance and not call him out for the fawkhead he was being, and he knocks it out of the park with this funny as hell chit.

We do have to nip this in the bud though, because if all start complaining about our wives, we will never get back to oil.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See guys if you give a guy a chance sometimes you are pleasantly surprised. I bet all of us thought this guy was a **** head troll always putting in foot in his mouth with that stupid school humor 1500 post bullchit, but we give him a little chance and not call him out for the fawkhead he was being, and he knocks it out of the park with this funny as hell chit.

We do have to nip this in the bud though, because if all start complaining about our wives, we will never get back to oil.
Wow !
I hope you have history with this guy...LOL

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol , I get it now ...

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7

We do have to nip this in the bud though, because if all start complaining about our wives, we will never get back to oil.[/QUOTE]

an oil thread not getting back on topic!? That will never happen, Like a Dominican not stealing second.....never happens!:roflsquared:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Just arrived back from the local Loves store... Filled her up and picked up something to drink. While in the store I stumbled upon these. Could not resist the price was excellent.
Went back and looked on the shelf. I guess they were discontinuing the Pennzoil platinum...
Production date showed October 14, 2015. (Fresh)

Normal price at WM is $7.36qt... Paid $3.50qt

For the Love of God can someone help me understand how to get these pictures to post the correct way!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Whoops. Hit the unsubscribe button by accident

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just arrived back from the local Loves store... Filled her up and picked up something to drink. While in the store I stumbled upon these. Could not resist the price was excellent.
Went back and looked on the shelf. I guess they were discontinuing the Pennzoil platinum...

For the Love of God can someone help me understand how to get these pictures to post the correct way!!!
What ?There's nothing wrong with that picture
6EF106B8-965D-47AB-A5A3-8B199E16734C_zpswnwrblaq.jpg

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Nothing wrong with the price......too bad it's Pennzoil, Wally World can be forgiven, this time. :sleepy10:

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Nothing wrong with the price......too bad it's Pennzoil, Wally World can be forgiven, this time. :sleepy10:

Yes I did see that it was from the Loves Store.