That Hole Where Windshield Wiper Spindle Protrudes--What's Below It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I park under a crabapple tree. The tree sheds leaves, twigs, crabapples, crabapple stems, etc. Every couple of weeks I open the hood and scoop out a bunch of debris that collects up near the base of the windshield. Today I noticed there is a lot of this crap settling near the windshield wiper spindle area as there is a sort of a recessed area there. I noticed there is a half-hearted attempt at a foam gasket to seal off the wiper spindle to the environment. I say half-hearted attempt because there is a noticeable gap around the gasket. It's obvious that debris is falling into this gap and disappearing somewhere below.

My question is this--What's below the hole that the windshield wiper spindle protrudes from? In other words, where does this debris go that gets past the gasket and into this hole?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Under the hood on the passenger side
There is an inlet to your heating cooling system, ( climate control )
You definitely don't want anything except air going into that inlet

nzZuLO.jpg

WqjmHK.jpg

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Most of the debris enters the hole where the driver's side wiper spindle is located. But I suppose some gets into the passenger's wiper spindle area. What happens the debris that gets into the heating/cooling area? Can the debris be easily removed?

Anybody know were the debris on the driver's side ends up going?