The future looks pretty sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
gallon gas every 3/10's mile

yes the numbers are hard to find because they don't need to be posted like passenger non hd vehicles.

so if any experts out there that have this data in writing it would benefit the thread.

I already posted a chart in liters for most cat products in this area.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
When it comes to EV's in USA that tax issue is tragic! 8k dollar EV credit only goes to those who owe taxes. Since we dont owe taxes every year we get a refund, we get zero dollars of EV credit. However, rich people and corporations can easily get all 8 grand in EV check. Eventhough we all pay into that "rebate" program. Shouldnt it be visa versa? Benefit those who need it to purchase an EV if the goal is carbon? Just more proof, the goal has nothing to do with carbon, if it did we all would get 8k check similar to cash for clunkers.

Just the facts.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Read up on that $7500 tax credit

Those people receiving it, have lost it, if they have Chinese Batteries, etc.
Not only that, the $7,500 comes from Medicare, I discovered this when I started to investigate why our Medicare Part D went from $28.20 per month to $51.40 per month, an 82% increase. It was another one of the line items buried deep in the "Inflation Reduction Act" the Senate passed without reading the 750-plus pages in one of their vote-a-ramas (August 2022).

Making the $7,500 credit harder to collect makes you wonder what happens to the money if an EV purchaser doesn't get it and it was already taken from Medicare.

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You get the credit at purchase time, but many manufacturers raised the price $7k right after the credit program was made public
Reminds me of the sudden college tuition increase right after the government raised the tuition ceiling for our service members. This was a few years ago but still the same greed at play.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think most people believe the truth, sadly even for those who know this is a hoax, other things are more important to them so they still put these people in power. Just because you hear a lie 1 million times, doesnt make it the truth, just makes those blowhards full of pathetic noise.

The facts are since 1990 the USA co2 levels from fossil fuels are generally the same because of the efforts spent in this area. However, china has doubled twice and is literally exploding so high it may be 4 or 5 times the US numbers. If what they say wasnt a hoax, these increases means we'd all be dead soon. Look at usa levels, we are basically at the same levels since the 1970's, pretty responsible?

So yes it is a complete and absolute hoax, the hoax of human history to be honest. But, that doesnt mean we shouldnt conserve the earths resources? I think most reasonable people would be proud we havent increased since 1970? I think most people believes in conserving sensibly? The bigger problem since it is an obvious lie, how can you have a reasonable approach? Their behavior is so over the top there simply is no negotiation. It is a massive abuse of power and effects all things when one side is so over the top and not based in fact. This is our world, political science is real science, like it or not this is a scientific result. The science of lies. Anyone with a public relations degree is nodding their head, yup.
Yup. Our government is a complete joke. It needs to be abolished.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
When it comes to EV's in USA that tax issue is tragic! 8k dollar EV credit only goes to those who owe taxes. Since we dont owe taxes every year we get a refund, we get zero dollars of EV credit. However, rich people and corporations can easily get all 8 grand in EV check. Eventhough we all pay into that "rebate" program. Shouldnt it be visa versa? Benefit those who need it to purchase an EV if the goal is carbon? Just more proof, the goal has nothing to do with carbon, if it did we all would get 8k check similar to cash for clunkers.

Just the facts.

Not the facts.

1) You can transfer the credit to your dealer at time of purchase to lower the purchase price instead of claiming it on your own taxes, which is a new change.

2) If you get a refund or still have to pay is also irrelevant. Only your total tax burden is relevant. It's a non-refundable credit, meaning you can't get back more than you paid in, but it can reduce your total tax burden to zero. If you pay $0 in federal taxes each year, yes, you can't claim any credit. As long as you paid more than the credit in total, it will reduce your total owed so your refund will just be bigger by the amount of the credit.

Example: You had $10k withheld over the year. Your pre-credit amount owed is $8k. You get a refund of $2k. But with the credit, you'll get a refund of $9,500.

3) If you make more than $300k annually as a married couple, less as an individual but I don't recall the cutoff, you can't claim this credit at all.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You get the credit at purchase time, but many manufacturers raised the price $7k right after the credit program was made public - though some have lowered prices some since that time.
There are also several rules and as now only 13 models qualify.

big wow, thanks. Burla did not know the changes for 2024 excuse my ignorance 10 days or so into the new year. Makes you wonder why they didnt do this FIRST, but it appears to be going in the right direction. Perhaps the reason why they made the rules easier to get the rebate is because nobody is buying EV's? To be honest if we can get the EV credit I might try and solve the charger issue and we may end up with a tesla in the driveway, as long as prices are low at the time. I love that I have this as a choice.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Not only that, the $7,500 comes from Medicare, I discovered this when I started to investigate why our Medicare Part D went from $28.20 per month to $51.40 per month, an 82% increase. It was another one of the line items buried deep in the "Inflation Reduction Act" the Senate passed without reading the 750-plus pages in one of their vote-a-ramas (August 2022).

Making the $7,500 credit harder to collect makes you wonder what happens to the money if an EV purchaser doesn't get it and it was already taken from Medicare.
holy isht? Like wow. Using old peoples health care to achieve their goals of EV's = new low. You start peeling apart this onion it makes you sick to the stomach.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
And hear those charge times, like basically over night in many cases. Not gonna work in most of america, all the ghettos and apartments even condos. And the scariest part, this is a new truck, what happens as that battery ages, I wonder if he is gonna love that truck as much as he does now when it doesnt make that 200 mile trip, which I would suggest may be in 3 years if hes lucky. We have three teslas in our family, kinda of funny story is all three live in the home that doesnt charge. So they bring a book or their phones to the charging station and wait. They say on average 45 minutes because they never let it go down too much. For now the charging stations are not impacted, they usually have no line. However, as these become more and more popular, I can see a time where they will be impacted, and having to sit in line just for the privilege of waiting 45 minutes to charge. They have no option for charging at home, no garage and cant park on sidewalk, so everynight these teslas are on the street with zero ability to charge. I can see this getting old once the romance of owning such a cool machines wears off, but on the list of stuff that is my problems this aint one of them.
I can picture these charging locations similar to the public boat ramp on a holiday weekend. gonna be interesting.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

That's sort of true. In a nutshell, .gov decided to pay less for prescription drugs. The drug companies had to play along because what alternative did they have other than not sell to one of their biggest customers going forward. That savings was then split with only about 15% staying in Medicare. Total Medicare budget still increased. Money isn't taken from Medicare to fund the tax credit.

Gov't budgets and 'buckets' is maddening and a world I deal with too fricking often. Money left in any given 'bucket' goes back into a general fund each fiscal year, but often can't be moved to a different 'bucket' until then. Have money in a manpower 'bucket' but can't hire anyone, but have a software upgrade required by a new law but no money left in your software bucket? Sometimes you can move it, sometimes you can't, and the rules are so stupid that it would bore you to suicide for me to go into it further. God help you if it's a grant. Anyway...

If you want to be really cranky, see how much money has been 'borrowed' from Social Security. Our national debt has historically been money we owed ourselves, taken from one bucket into another bucket with an IOU left in the first bucket. SSI would be rock solid financially if the money was just left where it was supposed to be but it was just too fat and tempting to leave be.

Native Texan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The current variety of ev is some 20+ years old and
EVs are an evolving technology. Not a hoax and not an artifact of the World Economic Forum.
You don't have to like em.
The current design of ev's is some 20+ years old. It is very evolved and sophisticated. Governments need to eliminate L/i batteries and change to something safe like lead acid batteries, just like the forklifts I've used in the past. Safe and readily available.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine

The current design of ev's is some 20+ years old. It is very evolved and sophisticated. Governments need to eliminate L/i batteries and change to something safe like lead acid batteries, just like the forklifts I've used in the past. Safe and readily available.
Wasn't it in the 40s-50s when General electric tried to make their bread vans electric? The technology can be young or old, it's not really moving forward because of the battery technology that's not being used. Where I'm at the usefullnes is very limited due to location weather and lack of charger options. Until I can go 500 true miles in - 40c and not worry about finding a charge station to sit in for 3-6 hrs I'll never consider it a feasible option.

I tell you what though charge stations would probly become a haven for robbers as they couldn't even chase you after you robbed them! Hahahaha :happy175:

I mean let's be honest here, there's barely cellphone coverage up here let alone worrying about electric car chargers and crap. Screenshot_20240109_193025_Opera Mini.jpgScreenshot_20240109_193115_Opera Mini.jpg

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Not sure you would get very far on one of them either. The size of them in relation the ampHours is worse than Lithium batteries. And they will make for a SUPER heavy vehicle.

Im not a fart smeller but that is my ThOughT.

Status
Not open for further replies.