The Order of Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
In my truck I have an old tablet I use for music. It's bluetoothed in and works great. My phone also connects via Bluetooth. The tablet is listed as "favorite" so it will connect first and play my music. Will this effect how my phone works? I really want both to work

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my truck I have an old tablet I use for music. It's bluetoothed in and works great. My phone also connects via Bluetooth. The tablet is listed as "favorite" so it will connect first and play my music. Will this effect how my phone works? I really want both to work

Not speaking from experience but I don't believe you'll be able to have both connections live at the same time. The limitation is the Bluetooth version used by the head unit. I'd guess it's using BT v2.1(?) where the newer v3.0 would allow simultaneous connection.
You could however have both paired, make one your default, then switch to the other as needed. If your tablet is the current connection and you receive a phone call, it wouldn't go through the BT but straight to your phone.
I would imagine that your phone could do everything the tablet is currently serving as.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I was able to send a text from my phone through uconnect with the tablet enabled. Don't know about a call yut. Normally I would just use my phone, but the bluetooth connection in the new GS8+ is horrible until they release the fix

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to send a text from my phone through uconnect with the tablet enabled. Don't know about a call yut. Normally I would just use my phone, but the bluetooth connection in the new GS8+ is horrible until they release the fix
That's pretty interesting actually. Was your system actively playing music from the tablets connection while you sent the text through Uconnect? What year is your Ram and what Radio is installed?
What issues are you having with the BT connection to your phone? I have the same S8+ but never ran into any issues when I had the RA2 5.0 Uconnect. I used it pretty regularly for calls and music steaming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I have a 2016 Laramie Ecodiesel with the 8.4 Alpine system. Yes, it was actively playing on the tablet and the text came through uconnect. It shut off the music while I was texting so to speak. If I try to use the phone for a music player it sounds like I'm listening to it through a wall. I used to use an SD Card, and a USB stick for my music, but I outgrew them and ran out of space. This system I have going now works really well. Tomorrow I'll actually call someone and see how that goes