The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Glad to see/read such positive reviews on this. My truck is more in need of this then others as I have the (5) speed tranny with the weak gears lol. Add to that over 180,000 miles and anything would be a marked improvement.

F.O.F

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On amazon Why does it say origin: Turkey? Are these made in Turkey? I thought made in U.S.A?

Not sure, the company is based out of Southern California. They could possibly use overseas manufacturing. There is a Pedal Commander rep who has posted in this thread a few pages back. You could PM him.

Tom

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Honestly as far as electronics, what is truly actually made in America ? As long as it's supported on American soil and it works, I'm there. :)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I've been driving around on city +2

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm guessing that it really depends on where you live and your day to day grind. :)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mines set at Sports +2 for in town and out of town both. No change in mileage.
Jay

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've had mine for about a week now and it's hands down one of the best things I've added to the truck. Best description I can give is that takes the laziness and mush out of the pedal. For my driving I found that Sport +1 (not Sport+ +1) gives me the most ideal pedal response and keeps fairly close to the pedal feel in my Challenger. Now when I drive the Challenger all day and hop in the truck I'm not getting frustrated with the lazy pedal and when the inverse occurs I'm not taking the Challenger around corners sideways (At-least unintentionally that is :naughty:) from being used to the crap pedal response.

I've also found I'm getting slightly better MPG since I don't go WOT out of frustration anymore and the truck is all around better in the drive-ability department.

I found the best place to mount it was above the keyfob port and off to the side of the wheel. The wire is nice and tucked away and it makes any adjustments really easy while staying out of your way. Unedited sideways photo for reference.

Attachments

• 20170620_125439.jpg
    20170620_125439.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 103

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would say to anyone who is undecided about this mod, JUST DO IT ! Truck is so quick off the line, and fast as hell up hills! I run at Sport 2, you don't need to push the pedal all the way down to get power, just a light tap of the pedal and ........

AimLowRobin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a loaner big horn for a week and put the PC on it. Was very impressed with it, and even had a +1 MPG overall. Got my truck back and not so impressed. Yeah, it makes the truck more jumpy (responsive) but shifts doesn't feel as smooth as the loaner and my MPG took a -2 hit, even when trying to milk it. It doesn't seem to want to leave the truck in OD or higher gears, constantly downshifting. I am going to play around with it some more but likely returning it. Only diff in my truck and loaner is lift and 35's, so I am guessing the bigger/heavier tires just aren't a match for the PC (and me).

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Installed on my 2011 4.7. PC really wakes it up! I noticed that it stays on after you shut off the truck. I had to maually push the power button so the "Sport" light wold turn off. Anyone else notice this? Had it set on the Sport + at the highest setting.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's funny as five of us friends in total all purchased BigHorn Rams over the years. Four of us have had nothing but great times, our one friend nothing but headaches. All trucks were purchased from the same dealership, just at various dates. I say this because not everything is for everyone one. What works for me, may not be your cup of tea. This is why I love being on the forums as it gives us the opportunity to see both positive and negatives about things.

As I try several things I try to review them based upon a lay man's point of view. Again just because it worked for me and my situation, does not guarantee it will yours. One thing that makes me LOVE my Pedal Commander is I only wanted one thing from it, and it's done that in spades. My expectations were real in the sense that I knew with my mileage, gears, and years it wouldn't magically change a truck into a " sports car ". What it has done is allowed me to " feel " again for my Ram. Hence why it's staying no mattter what other vehicles I acquire.

This was not written to bash anyone as I would like to see more positive or negative comments about the PC. I feel that an informed consumer is a consumer that is allowed to make sound decisions purchase wise. If I did not have the results that I have from this, no way would I continue to suggest/encourage others to try it. :)

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Ordered on Friday recieved on Monday. To Hawaii! Any company that can do this for us Hawaii guys is a winner in my book. Also used the RAM10 code and got $30 off and free shipping to boot off of their site. That alone pretty much seeled the deal. The packaging is awesome. Very solid, and informational.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm thinking of ordering the PC but was wondering why some folks mention taking the unit off before going in for service? This is not a tuner, so can it put my warranty in danger if i do not remove it for service?

Really just want to mount it and forget it......

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm thinking of ordering the PC but was wondering why some folks mention taking the unit off before going in for service? This is not a tuner, so can it put my warranty in danger if i do not remove it for service?

Really just want to mount it and forget it......

You can leave in installed. It doesn't mess with the PCM like a tuner does, so there's no harm in leaving it plugged in. Some people may have dealerships that give them grief everytime they see something non-standard.

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm still loving the pedal commander, i mostly use sport 1. I decided to try eco mode for a 500 mile trip to my hometown. Makes it accelerate extremely slow. I averaged 21 mpg on the trip computer. Last year I did the same trip and averaged 18.8. I'm sure there were plenty of variables, but I drove the same roads, about the same speed, lots of holiday traffic, etc. Dont think i could tolerate this mode on anything but interstate trips though. I will probably use this on my next trip to Florida.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Okay, just placed my order.

Truth be told this is going to be my first ever "performance" mod ever on any vehicle!!! So many people have raved about this box that I had to pony up the $270!

My commute is pretty easy but the other day I was in the far right lane and came up on a really slow moving car and wanted to pass and there was a semi coming up in the middle so I punched it for the first real time (only have 1100 miles on it) and was shocked at the delay in which it took the truck to take off... I am guessing from all the reading that this will definitely solve that issue.

Still trying to decide if I want to do a stealth install or by the ignition, do not anticipate playing with this thing more than a couple of times to figure out where I like it and then forget about it.