The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photonburst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Newb questions that I haven't found the answer too:

- works ok with factory adjustable (power) pedals? No special requirements?

- what does the +/- setting do? I saw the chart somewhere here and was thinking it made the curves move up or down without changing their shape?

- guys with tuners - are you zeroing the throttle response setting on the Diablo? Or maybe like 5% boost?

I use my truck for light towing and my mods are helping make the 3.21 gears tolerable.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck has the adjustable pedals and I haven't had any problems. The + and - change the sensitivity in each of the 4 main settings(eco-city-sports-sports+). You have a total of 36 possible choices. I left the throttle setting on my custom tune that was set by Hemifever---20% I think.
Jay

Last edited:

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Here is how mine is installed in a set it & forget it state.f601248d0876e4bcf81b0d7e2997cf42.jpg

F.O.F

It doesn't look like you are using the bracket that comes with it?

Did you velcro the top of the box? Please give me a picture looking up from under the unit, really liking that set up and will probably do that as I want to keep the truck looking completely stock.

What setting works for you, I see many are using Sport +2

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'll take a photo of it in the a.m for you as I'm not at home currently with the truck. It's held with heavy duty Velcro that Godzilla would be envious of. My setting is Sport 0 and it serves my needs just fine.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I just bought one from hemifever..he also sent me a new custom tune with the boaster zeros back out so that can be adjusted from the pedal commander instead. Looking forward to installing it!

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
One thing annoying to me so far is that the velcro it came with won't stick. I have mine in the same spot near the gauge cluster that 95% of people install theirs, every time I go outside the PC is hanging because the adhesive doesn't hold. Feels sticky to the touch, so I'm guessing it's the surface, just doesn't bond well.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One thing annoying to me so far is that the velcro it came with won't stick. I have mine in the same spot near the gauge cluster that 95% of people install theirs, every time I go outside the PC is hanging because the adhesive doesn't hold. Feels sticky to the touch, so I'm guessing it's the surface, just doesn't bond well.

Mine doesn't stick well either. I saw where someone tucked it inside the map pocket on the side of the console. Think I may do that as well and just pull it out if I need to adjust it.

Jayc057

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine doesn't stick well either. I saw where someone tucked it inside the map pocket on the side of the console. Think I may do that as well and just pull it out if I need to adjust it.

That's where I keep mine as well. Kind of like it there and feel like it keeps it out of the sun and heat as much as possible. Here in az I hate leaving anything like that in the truck.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've got mine in the map pocket too. I'd like to come up with a way to mount it behind the little access panel on the side of the console. I don't see myself doing a whole lot of changing settings so it wouldn't be a big deal to pop the panel cover off once in a while.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think I'm just going to use a little 3M double sided tape on mine. I think that'd stick a lot better.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Same here. Florida heat does not let the one it came with stick long. Always hanging. Going to try one I bought in Walmart.. if not I'll look for other opinions

STAFFN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I ordered a Pedal Commander after reading this thread on Friday, received the unit on Tuesday (in Canada!) and installed in minutes.

I first tried the Sport +2 setting and I was utterly impressed with the difference. However, when backing up my truck into my driveway, that is inclined, I kept chirping my wheels trying to overcome the hill.

No complaints on the money spent on this and would recommend it. This was my first mod on my new truck other thatn tinting the front windows.

Next up ---> Intake and Muffler swap

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I ordered a Pedal Commander after reading this thread on Friday, received the unit on Tuesday (in Canada!) and installed in minutes.

I first tried the Sport +2 setting and I was utterly impressed with the difference. However, when backing up my truck into my driveway, that is inclined, I kept chirping my wheels trying to overcome the hill.

No complaints on the money spent on this and would recommend it. This was my first mod on my new truck other thatn tinting the front windows.

welcome to the forum !

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Soooooooo lol, what setting have you settled upon ? :)

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tomorrow can't come soon enough for this lol.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I purchased the Pedal Commander after all of the rave reviews on this forum. After receiving and installing it mid last week, I drove around town and was throughly impressed. This past weekend I took my truck on a couple hundred mile trip. The truck preformed much better than I anticipated on the highway. No longer was I waiting for the Ram to get up to speed while merging on the highways. It makes me feel more confident driving it in NYC with people now trying to cut me off. Key word trying. Sport + and 4 is a bit much for my daily driving so I keep it on Sport + 2. This is exactly what was needed to liven of the Hemi,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STAFFN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Soooooooo lol, what setting have you settled upon ? :)

I have it on Sport for my city commute, then I turn it to sport +2 for spirited driving ;)

I had to run out to the truck last night and turn it on City mode because my soon to be wife was taking the kids somewhere in it and she would have a hard time.
Plus, as far as she knows I'm not spending more money on the truck lol.
Silly girls.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Plus, as far as she knows I'm not spending more money on the truck lol.
Silly girls.

lol.. i know the feeling..

wife gets in the car and asks " Whats that "

me " it came with the truck, but its usually behind the dash.. i took it out cause i like the way it looks "

wife.. " cool "

if i told her the truth, she will want one for her journey ..........

:roflsquared:

Last edited: