The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
one of these days I'm going to try it on my charger

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I can only speak for myself when I say I've had no problems with it. Albeit once it was installed I've solely left it at Sport 0 as I really have not felt the need to put anymore stress on an already high mileage vehicle.

What kind of stress does a PC put on a vehicle???

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I feel in my situation the only " stress " that I've put on it is that my personal truck has over 184,000 miles on the original motor/trans. She's been there and back and flogged within inches as I've used it solely for my business in the beginning. I've been retired for quite some time and just recently started adding accessories to it. The reality is no manner how well I've maintained it, it's Still a high mileage/driven in a short period vehicle. :)

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
City +3 is all i need for daily driving. Especially, with 3.92 gears w/ 8 speed tranny. Big improvement w/o PC.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put my down to Sport 0.
MPG are better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tonys ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The other day the wife had some trouble with the truck throwing a CEL and the red electric bolt light. She called me saying the truck starts but didn't move when the gas pedal was pressed down. I had to meet up with her. What I did was unplug the power commander and return the throttle to stock. The truck could accelerate after that, but still had the 2 lights on. Acceleration felt like the sluggish stock acceleration so it drove like stock again which sucked. I cleared it with an OBD II scanner and light are gone. I have not plugged the power commander back yet. I believe the codes were throttle body signal related. This happened yesterday and we are away from home so I'll plug the PC when we return home today. I will also contact PC to see what they say about this problem. Anyone had this happen to them yet?

Have you heard back from PC about this issue?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Gotta love Mopar when the 5.7 is an "only" lol. I bet the PC will make that 5.7 move real good.

exactly lol. I rode in a 392 - They really move, but the 5.7 still moves a **** ton too compared to the rams, and in my normal driving situations I don't really get to push the car. Problem is the pedal commander might find a permanent home on the charger vs the truck :favorites13:

sking2001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My god is this thing is awesome. The PC with my Hemifever tune are amazing. Night and day difference with this 5.7 Hemi. I will never go back to stock. Being able to select the peddle response on the fly is amazing!

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Can a dealer find out that you had one of these installed? Does it leave any trace in the computer? Dont want any warranty issues..
Cheers

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Dealer will not know and there will be no codes left behind. If you hide the unit out of sight you could just bring the truck to the dealer with it installed and he should never know. Just make sure to turn the PC off or they will prob do a burnout with your truck when they drive it to the lift.

Soldier of The Law

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another thumbs up ..... just installed it on my 2014 2500 Mega with 3.73, 6.4 on 35 Toyos and 5" lift.

I maxed it out, Sport+, plus 4 .... now it feels like it should.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I recently purchased a 2017 Ram Rebel and was linked over here (and joined of course) from one of the Rebel Forums. I've read all 68 pages of this thread and ordered my PC. It will be here today.

Quick question....I know there have been a couple issues but the overall majority love the PC. How is it holding up after several months of use? Anyone experiencing issues after a few months or has it been pretty consistent?

Thank you.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far I'm still enjoying mine with no real issues to speak of. My settings vary depending on what I'm doing. I find that if I set it to be extremely responsive, I'll find myself occasionally doing kind of a herky jerky start if I'm trying to ease into the throttle. That's easily fixed by dropping down a couple of settings though.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased a 2017 Ram Rebel and was linked over here (and joined of course) from one of the Rebel Forums. I've read all 68 pages of this thread and ordered my PC. It will be here today.

Quick question....I know there have been a couple issues but the overall majority love the PC. How is it holding up after several months of use? Anyone experiencing issues after a few months or has it been pretty consistent?

Thank you.
No problems whatsoever after a couple months of use.
I switch between settings as well.
(Lower setting for towing or when the wife's borrowing the truck. :naughty:)

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Up until recently I've had no reason t change settings. As I'm now doing more stop and go driving, I've switched to city mode. All has been great with the PC and I can not recommend it enough. :)

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks everyone. My PC arrived yesterday but I'm leaving for the day in an hour. I want time to make sure I install it correctly (powered down, etc). I'm also putting on 150 miles today so it'll give me a better before and after...considering I only have 62 total miles on the odometer. Thanks for the info all! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank