The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pulling the wife's out of her Jeep when her new Durango RT comes in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dhill29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, 2 tanks into my Eco mode test, and I'm not noticing much of a difference. There is some, but I;m not sure how much of that is my changing my driving style some. Eco mode does allow easier feathering of the throttle to keep it in "fuel Saver" mode mode more, but other than that it doesn't seem to be doing anything. During the recent cold snap, the mpg was down due to more idle/warm up times, so I changed back to city mode.
I use mine in city 2 and still get 20 mpg and I live in western NY and northern PA.....lots of hills. Not sure why people are losing gas mileage.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I want to get one for my new ED, im a bit disabled so I have to find a dealer to install it

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you can reach under your dash you should be able to get it installed yourself. There isn't much too it. It would depend on how substantial your disability is though.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to get one for my new ED, im a bit disabled so I have to find a dealer to install it

I’m a fat guy with an extremely bad back and was able to do it myself in the driveway. The actual installation is just unplugging one wire and plugging another one in between the two ends. Very simple although you should have a flathead screwdriver and maybe some needle nose pliers handy. The connectors can be a bit stiff.

The hardest part is laying in the footwell to get under the dash. If you have kids, grandkids, neighbor kids who want to make a quick buck, etc., it will be easy.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I didnt think of that maybe I can ask my daughter....she's always into making a quick buck. Thank YOu!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey all I am selling a gently used Pedal Commander if you want to buy it. Check it out in the classifieds. They are worth it for sure. I miss my truck already.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use mine in city 2 and still get 20 mpg and I live in western NY and northern PA.....lots of hills. Not sure why people are losing gas mileage.

I think most people can't keep their foot out of it when they get the PC. Reading the reviews here, many have it in one of the Sport modes. I had it in City mode for a while, then off for a long time. Last week during a major downpour, I put it in Eco, and as of now, I kind of like it there.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Wow eco is a setting that I have not used in forever, but again if it works for you then that is all that matters. I have one installed in my new truck and I have to say I’m smiling just as much as I did with my last one.

Brent grissom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I ordered a super chips programmer for my 2009 Dodge Ram mega cab 6.7 diesel. The programmer did okay but I still felt like I needed better throttle response. I got the programmer specifically to reprogram the transmission for my tire size. My transmission was acting weird due to bigger tires. When I had the pedal commander it woke that truck up quit a bit. Wow is all I can say. I couldn’t hardly break traction with even the programmer, but it can and will due it all day long. I run mine in sport +2. However it gets even better the more you turn it up, decided to turn it up all the way and OMG! It was like a different vehicle.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol, I’m not brave enough to turn mine up all of the way.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its a hoot!

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried the extremes once for Sport+, and it was uncontrollable for me. I used Eco -4 for a while, and not only didn't it do anything for mpg, but I didn't care for it. I was contemplating getting rid of the PC, but just hadn't gotten around to it. After putting it in Eco (no + or -), it seems to be working well for me.

TXRAM16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This may have been brought up already, but has anyone tried the Vitesse Throttle Controller? Same principal as the Throttle Commander but a little less expensive. I used the Vitesse on my SS Camaro and I loved it. It looks like they are now making a throttle controller for the 4th Gen Ram with the Hemi.
https://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/en/find-my-vehicle.htm

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
This may have been brought up already, but has anyone tried the Vitesse Throttle Controller? Same principal as the Throttle Commander but a little less expensive. I used the Vitesse on my SS Camaro and I loved it. It looks like they are now making a throttle controller for the 4th Gen Ram with the Hemi.
https://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/en/find-my-vehicle.htm

If you really want to go cheap, plug this little baby into your $40k+ truck. I personally would rather spend the extra couple hundo on something tried and true like the Pedal Commander with a great customer service reputation. You don't know what you're going to fry with these knock-offs.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2018-new-product-car-tuning-accessories-auto/413088607.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=kingbooster&utm_term=413088607&f=bm|413088607|112004|GMC|1128883911|pla|kingbooster|US|112004002|c||2|&gclid=CjwKCAjwyOreBRAYEiwAR2mSkiJSIaFGXbawW77Qx9xkknMp_PJpRC2Q7_KUWtD2CpzEvptryEh6rhoCJy4QAvD_BwE#ctabBox

TXRAM16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you really want to go cheap, plug this little baby into your $40k+ truck. I personally would rather spend the extra couple hundo on something tried and true like the Pedal Commander with a great customer service reputation. You don't know what you're going to fry with these knock-offs.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2018-new-product-car-tuning-accessories-auto/413088607.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=kingbooster&utm_term=413088607&f=bm|413088607|112004|GMC|1128883911|pla|kingbooster|US|112004002|c||2|&gclid=CjwKCAjwyOreBRAYEiwAR2mSkiJSIaFGXbawW77Qx9xkknMp_PJpRC2Q7_KUWtD2CpzEvptryEh6rhoCJy4QAvD_BwE#ctabBox

I did my research and did go with the Pedal Commander. I’ve had it for a little over a month and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are great having to sale mine now and get another one for my 2019 Ram because they are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine