The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Comparing spark plugs that do nothing (or actually perform worse) to the PC that changes the drivability of the truck isn't really a good comparison.

Buy one first then come back and share your opinion. If you don't like it, return it within 30 days for free.

In other words, put your money where your mouth is.
I’m new here and a new Ram owner. I bought the Pedal Commander even before I brought the truck home! What a difference it makes! No more sluggish throttle response! The best part is the ability to easily change the settings to suit your needs or even the weather. Wet roads and sport mode can be a bit TOO thrilling sometimes! Lol

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
has anyone put this on a 2016 express 5.7 and if so any link on ebay. also has anyone had any problems with these or good right out of the box.
I put one on my 2017 Ram 1500 Express and the difference is night and day from stock! I can’t see anyone not loving this device and after having on it I could never go back!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes but I need to sale this one first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I had mine on my 2016 express and it worked great but traded for a 2019 Big Horn so I have to get one for the 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Thanks- I'll check that. I would think that when it has the eco light it should function.
I need to say WOW! Took it for a test drive and its like a different truck. This thing screams compared to what it was before the PC. It has to be the most cost efficient performance mod out there.
I agree 100%!!!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DRkNESS---People are still saying good things about the PC---I think maybe this thing might catch on-------LOL
Jay

WhytRam doesn't leave home without it...lol

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Nick, do you know if they changed the pedal for the 19 Durango? We kept hers from her Jeep, but I haven't crawled up under her dash yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
If the one from the Jeep is a PC31 which it probably is it should work on the new Durango. BTW congrats on the new vehicle. I love those!

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It is PC31. I didn't think anything changed on the 19 Durango RT but just checking. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This may have been brought up already, but has anyone tried the Vitesse Throttle Controller? Same principal as the Throttle Commander but a little less expensive. I used the Vitesse on my SS Camaro and I loved it. It looks like they are now making a throttle controller for the 4th Gen Ram with the Hemi.
https://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/en/find-my-vehicle.htm
The phone app works well. You hold your phone in your right hand and use the corner of the phone to turn the Viyesse's knob...:D

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bumping this back up. To those that have been running a PC for a few years now, have you had any issues?

I bought a used PC on eBay and it will be here today sometime. I have been checking the shipping progress every 2 hours for 3 days now LOL.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About two years for me - no issues, but I still don't even have it turned on much.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bumping this back up. To those that have been running a PC for a few years now, have you had any issues?

I bought a used PC on eBay and it will be here today sometime. I have been checking the shipping progress every 2 hours for 3 days now LOL.

2.5 years now on 2 different trucks with NO issues
Loved it on the 17, was told it wil work on my 19 so swapped it in 2nd day after purchase at 50 miles
Never leave home without it...lol

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thats good to hear. I plan on installing mine in the drawer under the radio so its hidden and out of the harsh Florida sunshine.

Mine was delivered today while I was sleeping (I'm a shift worker) and I seriously contemplated installing it before I left for work. But I decided to wait until after work because I didn't want to risk being late. I was late anyways due to traffic.

Now I'm counting down the hours until I can get home and play with my new toy LOL.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Follow the directions about keeping the keys away from the truck when installing.
Not doing this is why people get a CEL.

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So I installed the PC on Friday the 28th. And its OK? It definitely helps with the throttle response but I guess I was expecting more? I have it set on Sport +2 as anything higher makes the throttle very jumpy and difficult to drive smoothly. I just have to breathe on the accelerator pedal now and the truck downshifts. I haven't fully matted the pedal yet. I don't know how you guys get better fuel economy with the PC; mine has taken a nosedive. But that is 100% on the operator LOL