TPMS light is ON - 2009 but wheel sensors test Good after rim swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
drive for a week
Sometimes it could take X amount of ignition cycles plus miles

You can't really go by year for TMPS frequencies

I had a 2009 Ram 1500 Bighorn SLT w/ HEMI, 20" factory wheels
It had Schrader brand TPMS 315 Mhz , Original Owner
yeah, some things take ton loads of cycles .... Some 2009s had the 315 too actually so yeah gottah keep that in mind .... the sensor actually has it printed so you can tell what sensor to use, mostly european cars have the 433 and all others the 315s but our new RAM I know for a fact are the 433s ...

OP
OP
Arkangel77

Arkangel77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Well, Got it fixed. I replaced all the sensors even though the old ones were still working according to the tire shop. New one were installed and programmed and everything work's great now. I suppose the old ones were just weak? Thanks for the help guys.

Cory C

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Well, Got it fixed. I replaced all the sensors even though the old ones were still working according to the tire shop. New one were installed and programmed and everything work's great now. I suppose the old ones were just weak? Thanks for the help guys.

Cory C
Do you know which sensors you got installed ? That way it can help others

OP
OP
Arkangel77

Arkangel77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L

FlyingRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liter
Doesn’t the TPMS alert to both high and low pressure? Maybe 50 and above is too high and triggers the light.