Uconnect 5.0 Software Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I appreciate when I do something and someone say that I can't do that or that can't be done , when the job is done and all goes well.

I had some trouble at the beginning , I sended an email to Chrysler and their answer was that this update will not work on a canadian truck and I can't download it. Only the dealer can do this.

But I received this email 2 days after I succesfully done the update. WTF...

That's remind me , one time I was at wal mart to install a set of wrangler 265/70/17 on my sierra, the job was almost done when my friend asked the garage supervisor the price of those tires for his truck , and the supervisor said, we cannot install those tire here, they are too big and we don't have what it need to install them .

Euuuhhh . You can't ? So explain why your guy has almost finished to install them on my truck ??? :fca5278e:

OP
OP
apepe0738

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ipod is hooked up to the center console USB?

I have mine hooked up with the ipod cable that came with it. Don't need a proprietary cable to do so, even though all the dealers claim you do. Works in my moms Toyota Rav4 as well, which "Requires XXXX cable" for the ipod to work. Works great and no issues...

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw the OP when they posted it about a week ago. I followed the link and checked my vin as I have the uconnect 5.0. It showed I was eligible for update. I couldn't find my thumb drive. I ran out of time and couldn't get to store to get new thumb drive until today. (Still can't find my original thumb drive). I followed the link and entered my vin. Now it's shows there are no updates available. Did Chrysler/mopar/uconnect realize they had some issues and take it down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You have a 2014, same as I do, same thing happened. It's because you should already be current if they did the dash light flash (both done on mine same day).

Mine's shown the album art for months so seems OK now.

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took mine to the dealer for service couple days ago. I requested that they update my uconnect as well. Service manager looks my vin up on uconnect site to verify I'm due, and is surprised I know this (I tried to do it myself but couldn't download file). When they were done with my truck, he said my system was actually up-to-date. What gives?

OP
OP
apepe0738

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I saw the OP when they posted it about a week ago. I followed the link and checked my vin as I have the uconnect 5.0. It showed I was eligible for update. I couldn't find my thumb drive. I ran out of time and couldn't get to store to get new thumb drive until today. (Still can't find my original thumb drive). I followed the link and entered my vin. Now it's shows there are no updates available. Did Chrysler/mopar/uconnect realize they had some issues and take it down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked and the update is no longer available for download. I am also wondering if they took it down for the same issues. Hope they get it fixed...

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also just checked. Update is not available. I wish they would do more testing before they release updates to the public.

StPat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
They replaced my radio. Took all of an hour. But now my compass has no signal. I never use it, but it should work.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have had the "No Signal" on my compass sent I bought the truck a few months back. Everything else on the U-Connect 5 works fine. Has anyone taken the compass problem to the dealer yet? I'm going to try as soon as I can find the time. I can't stand having something that doesn't work.

** I just saw another thread I started a while back about the compass not working and several thinking it is the U-Connect 5.0 update. That makes since as I have had the album art, etc. since I got the truck a few months back so I am more than likely at the current software level. I guess we are waiting on a fix.

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well just picked my truck up from service. All was working before it went in. They updated it and now I have no compass ! Can't win

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also noticed that when I tried to plug my iphone into the arm rest USB my phone promps me to download uconnect access then fails to connect. Called uconnect and they have no idea bout either thing lol

Canadian Ram owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Texting now no longer working.

I have a samsung galaxie S3, and when I fist bought my truck in Dec of 2013 I paired my phone with the Uconnect 5.0 and everything worked great, even the texting. When I recieved a txt it would read it to me. Now after the dealer failed to update my radio properly and had to install a new one, the texting worked for a week or so after and now no longer works. I have not updated anything on my phone either. So I am lost as to what has changed to make this feature no longer work. Anyone have any Ideas????

OP
OP
apepe0738

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Even before this update I had issues with the text. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. You may have just been lucky until now...

srtpowa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 w/ 6 speed
I have a samsung galaxie S3, and when I fist bought my truck in Dec of 2013 I paired my phone with the Uconnect 5.0 and everything worked great, even the texting. When I recieved a txt it would read it to me. Now after the dealer failed to update my radio properly and had to install a new one, the texting worked for a week or so after and now no longer works. I have not updated anything on my phone either. So I am lost as to what has changed to make this feature no longer work. Anyone have any Ideas????

Unpair your phone and re-pair it. Should come right back.
Not sure why u want it back ;) lol. :suicide:
To each their own tho :rofl:

It will ask you permission to read your texts upon your first pair, and gives you the option whether to ask every time or not.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Try this link if your using an Android device. It's to an app in the Google play store that you install on your phone. When I first got my truck back in early December this is the only thing that would work. And I had my truck way before any of these updates came out and it still works fine. Texts, media, you name it. I've been using it ever since and I was one of the first on here to get a 2014 Ram 2500 with 6.4L HEMI. And it came with the 5.0 radio in it.

Right on, happy I could help!

Here is the link for others that are trying to find it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...edium=organic&utm_term=bluetooth+auto+connect

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

srtpowa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 w/ 6 speed
OK so I went in for an oil change today and my service writer told me I need the .p15 rf hub Recall/reprogram,
.and I had a radio update ready as well (rrt14-006)
Just picked my truck up and not only does the radio still work, but so does the compass! :roflbow:
For those wanting version numbers: I went from 4.1.45.1. to 5.2.20.A.
I only drove from the dealership back to my shop so I didnt notice any changes... Aside from having to re pair my phone again.

johnsm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are no updates available for your 2014 RAM 1500 ST SUV 4X4 equipped with the Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT radio