Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

So I went onto the website and it said an update from my truck was available, and it was the 17 update. So I installed it on the USB drive and then plugged it into my truck, and then on the screen it says you have an update but it’s the 16.13 version. So I am pretty confused by why it is not 17 version even though the Uconnect sure said 17. It updated fine and quickly but the radio seems the exact same as before..not really sure how to go about this one as the “update” for my truck just got released a few days ago as I had been waiting for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just completed the update on my 2013... first go around failed at around 75% and gave me a scare that the radio bricked. Something about Sierra failure. IDK.

Anyway after a few power cycles the radio turned back on and the update started over again from 0%. The difference is this time I didnt let the power to the rest of the truck time out (its a setting, mine was on 5 min delay). So every minute or two I would just scroll through the dash menu to let the truck know not to fall asleep.

This seemed to do the trick! Update successful. I like the update alot. It added a ton of features to the 2013 model that were not previously available.

I just leave the drivers side door open when I do updates to keep from having any kind of problems.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
I just leave the drivers side door open when I do updates to keep from having any kind of problems.

Even in Florida, its too damn cold to do that! Its about 40 degrees at night and Im freezing my d*** off!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Think I'll give it a few days to get going and see if anyone has any issues before I update mine.

I'm assuming that for the '14's, this is not over the air and must be done with a download?

skHemi64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My '14 3500 6.4L with the 8.4an is downloaded and done, no issues. I also update to the 2017 Maps a couple days ago via mailed USB. No issues there either, except the Maps update took over an hour.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just did mine tonight. I leave the truck idling while I do these. Man this one took forever compared to others I have done :/

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Midnightramsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Downloaded the update and install it last night. Now my back up camera is all jack up. Gonna do a reset to see if the brightness go away.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just bought a 14 2500 and it hasn’t been updated to the newest software yet. Seems like the software is from 2015. Should the radio have done an over-the-air update? Can I force it to update or do I have to download it and install?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rusty942630

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will this cause a problem if you upgraded from a 5 radio to the 8.4an. I installed the software 17.11.07 using the doner vehicle vin and every thing worked great ecept the camera is washed out. Found out I was wrong the navigation dosent work correctly now. It will lag. Ill be at a turn and it still things Ive got half a mile to get there.

Rusty942630

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2013 Ram that I upgraded the radio from a 5.0 to a 8.4 an over a year ago. I had the dealership install the back up camera and I updated the bezel and controls so every thing worked like factory. I bought everything from infotainment and theve been really good to me. I did some checking and found that the doner vehicle that the radio originally came out of was a 2014 Jeep Nav radio reprogramed it for my 2013 ram. I wanted the new upto date fetures so I contacted Infotainment and they provided me the vin to use for my radio from a 2014 ram truck just like mine. I went on to uconnect and got the firmware update and downloaded it in my truck all is good ecept for two small things one the back up camera is way to bright now. And the second thing is the aux don't recognize my aux input. The usb works fine. For that I was just going to order another hub and ad a sd card slot anyway and hope that fixes the aux since its original to the old 5.o radio. I've sceen on here that people are factory resetting the radios and that seems to help. Ive tried going to settings and resetting factory defaults and deleting personal information neither fixed the camera. How do I do this hard factory reset and if I do will it effect anything else since the radio is an upgrade.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
...got the firmware update and downloaded it in my truck all is good except for two small things one the back up camera is way to bright now. And the second thing is the aux don't recognize my aux input. The usb works fine.

Factory reset from dealer menu:
* hold (hot)+(cold)+(front Defrost) for 6-10 secs or so. Then scroll down to select factory reset.

** It may be in the engineering menu which is only (hot)+(cold) for 6-10 secs.

As far as the USB hub/aux problem ... wait and see if the full reset fixes it.
If not, replacing the hub won't help, it is a programming issue with the radio recognizing a setting to enable it. Infotainment used to offer a Genie to reactivate it for about $150, but I think now they charge more and your have to ship them the radio to get it working again.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Rusty942630

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An update. before I did the factory reset I noticed a few people having problems with their nav. I checked mine and it was way to slow showing me about a mile behind where my location was. I did the factory reset and it fixed the back up camera but my navigation is still off. Will this auto correct itself or how do I fix it. My usb works but my aux does not. Any ideas all worked great before the firmware upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Rusty942630

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to recalibrate navigation looks like Oh well, time to do donuts in tbe yard..

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
how do you recalibrate your nav. I added the new firmware 17.11.01 now my nav is off when I drive it lags

Rusty942630

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK so, this may or may not be related to the update. All was well for me until 2 days ago when the radio screen stayed blank after turning on the truck. About 5 minutes into the drive the radio turned on and operated as normal.

Yesterday the same thing happened except now the radio has remained inop. I have switched the in-line fuse in the engine bay, left the battery disconnected for a couple of hours and physically removed the radio and plugged it back in all to no avail.

Some things I noticed while the radio is inop 1. The premium cluster does not display the time 2. The premium cluster didn't show the compass direction but that has come back 3. I have a LockPick connected but it doesn't work with it removed either, oddly the LockPick is passing power on the accessory power to my dashcam but I cannot see its Wi-Fi connection leading me to believe the radio and LockPick are not receiving power.

Any ideas? Is there more than one radio fuse? I know someone had a similar problem but I can't remember if it was for this update as these threads get pretty long.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I noticed when my firmware was being updated there was no time in the 7" digital cluster for the radio if that helps. tells me it's not taking to it. no power from the radio. As far as the compass in the dash I lost mine but found that resetting the dash settings brings it back. hope this helps

Russram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Am new to this site so please bear with me I have a 2014 ram and am trying to upgrade to the ra4 nav. #68224525AG after installing every thing I have No volume when using the dial on my bezel it is a single zone upgrade. The nav works and buttons work also I don't have steering wheel controls if I add them will this solve my problems? 67ac4c6bc4a2f20945406b108ca401a3.jpgff6105ae95aa8b530f9e8d0c494a8e9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how do you recalibrate your nav. I added the new firmware 17.11.01 now my nav is off when I drive it lags

For me, it had a message to drive in nav mode to recalibrate. I forget the exact wording of the message. I drove around the block a couple of times and was fine after that.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk