Uconnect Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth Horney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2014 Dodge Ram with the 8.4 Uconnect radio. Needed a update. Per the uconnect update instruction the update went thur only at 70%. Took to the dealer in Bel air MD. after several hours the update did the same thing to them,but i had to pay one hour labor. I was told I need a new radio for 725.00. I got home and emailed Dodge direct and explain that the uconnect update trashed my radio. The next day Uconnect service adviser call and told me that the radio will be replace by the dealer. I had to pay 100 dollars deductible. 5 days later I got a new radio with all the bells. It pays to complain.

Rican69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did it come with Apple CarPlay and Android?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did it come with Apple CarPlay and Android?
The Apple Car-Play and Android Auto wasn't available in Ram trucks until 2018.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Rican69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree Ricks Ram. Post mentioned all the bells and whistles. Was wondering if the got the radio and additional accessories.

OP
OP
K

Kenneth Horney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, the GPS was also updated. The screen is clearer. Now I have a problem with left rear brake caliber sticking. Ate the inner pad down to the metal. Only 31,000 on truck.

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wait wait wait....please confirm that they sent you a new radio.....but now with apple car play and android auto???? Which you obviously didn't have before correct? I'm asking as I'm sure many others would want to know this because I'll go crash my 8.4 right now if that's the case. Lol

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And to add to this, do you happen to have the contact at ram that you used to get the newer radio?

OP
OP
K

Kenneth Horney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When I got the truck the sales person told me to get membership with Mopar.com at no cost to me. I sent a email thur this sight about my uconnect radio issues,about the update issue. The next day I got a response from them saying I would get a call from Uconnect service. I got that call and the person was very nice and told me that he called the dealer and advise them to order a new radio for my truck. After 6-7 days I called the parts dept @ Jones's in Bel air Md and was told the new radio came in. The next day the radio was installed in less then a hour. The radio came with the android phone connection. Belinda @ Ram customer Care.com & Camerom @ uconnect

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca