Useless info from the 1 MEAN 66 World

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Did not know where to put this as there is towing and general info all in one, as usual, long letter. So here goes!
Just hooked up the trailer and our 66 Satellite, to my Ram 1500 Tradesman, reg.cab. 5.7, RWD, 3.55's, long box. Taking it out to set trailer gain (I like 75%), get a feel for it (used to pull with a Dakota Club cab, 4.7, 5 Spd. manual. RWD, also 3.55's) and weigh everything to make sure it is loaded correct (setting "Bridge weight"). Will attach info.! It is 40 miles from house to the Pilot truck stop scales, almost all uphill grades. Has some village/city traffic, 30 mph, and interstate (I did at 65 mph). Got 12.8 mpg going out & 16.2 mpg coming back. Total Package weight, 10640 lbs. Truck itself 3640 lbs., trailer and car itself 5600 lbs. Almost same results for Ram & Dakota pulling same package, Ram of course more comfortable and nowhere near it's max!
Also came back from a weeks' vacation, we (Rebecca and I), took the Ram. Local driving (30mph) here and there, Interstate (74 mph), and Scenic - up and down mountain roads (40-50mph). Using Cruise whenever possible total of 798 miles. Average mpg for the entire trip (via dash info) 21.5 mpg. NOT BAD!?
As you see from scale sheets Have 10% on the hitch as it went to scale but in future will move car on trailer an inch or so forward. 10-15 percent of gross load is recommended on the hitch. by moving it a bit I will be "IN" that window instead of just at the min.! Trailer is just a 16" "beaver tail" so not a lot of room to adjust the load.

Attachments

• Going to the scales july 2023.jpg
    Going to the scales july 2023.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 11
  • 16 Ram-Trailer-66 Satellite044.jpg
    16 Ram-Trailer-66 Satellite044.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 11
  • Trailer & 66 (full tank)045.jpg
    Trailer & 66 (full tank)045.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2016 Tradesman Quarter tank fuel046.jpg
    2016 Tradesman Quarter tank fuel046.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 11

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Not useless at all. sounds like you have things set up well.
I live pretty close to you and grew up in a a small community just about 20 miles north on the Hudson. I am wondering where you found a RWD truck in our area. When I bought mine I had to visit several dealers before I found one that would order a RWD for me.
I have been comtemplating a single cab RAM tradesman classic but I am pretty long in the leg. I would love to see yours. Perhaps you would allow me to see yours sometime and try it on to see if my long legs are comfortable.
Travel safe.