Very bizarre feeling when surpassing 5k rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So today I was driving home from work and at one point I floored ****** (my 1500) but I had this bizarre feeling that my rear wheels were slightly turning and I felt like my rear end was going to fall apart. I don’t know if it was all in my mind. Anyhow, do you guys think there is something I can do to beef up my steering components and/or my differential compartments.?
I am currently running a 6 inch lift with 22x12.5 on 37x13.5.
Anyone with experience have any feedback?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
On 37s with a 6" lift I'd guess the rear end is shifting probably due to worn trailing arms/panhard bar. Also have the tires check for balance.
As for the rear differential, consider changing to a TruTrac

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So today I was driving home from work and at one point I floored ****** (my 1500) but I had this bizarre feeling that my rear wheels were slightly turning and I felt like my rear end was going to fall apart. I don’t know if it was all in my mind. Anyhow, do you guys think there is something I can do to beef up my steering components and/or my differential compartments.?
Hit up @Nick@GotExhaust and tell him you want the Core 4x4 (quick_shifter package) Then thank me later

OP
OP
Cmz2800

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On 37s with a 6" lift I'd guess the rear end is shifting probably due to worn trailing arms/panhard bar. Also have the tires check for balance.
As for the rear differential, consider changing to a TruTrac
I don’t think so. My truck has 81k miles, has no rust anywhere and has been maintained throughout its life.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rear control arm bushing have gone soft. An upgrade is worth the money . I swapped to Clayton’s and am very satisfied with the quality and results .

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I don’t think so. My truck has 81k miles, has no rust anywhere and has been maintained throughout its life.
It doesn't matter if the truck has no rust, the trailing arms and panhard bar bushings will wear out, larger tires will accelerate the wear. The post following mine suggested replacement of said parts. @Quick_Shifter is probably one of the most knowledgeable members on this forum when it comes to these lifted Ram trucks.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
It doesn't matter if the truck has no rust, the trailing arms and panhard bar bushings will wear out, larger tires will accelerate the wear. The post following mine suggested replacement of said parts. @Quick_Shifter is probably one of the most knowledgeable members on this forum when it comes to these lifted Ram trucks.
Quick_Shifter’s shop -ak_trucks_pa- is the only shop I take my truck! A true professional with an “old school work ethnic” but all the modern tools.
It’ a 2 1/2 hr drive for me, but would happily travel twice as far.
Elevating Expections!

Attachments

• IMG_9569.jpeg
    IMG_9569.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9567.jpeg
    IMG_9567.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Cmz2800

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick_Shifter’s shop -ak_trucks_pa- is the only shop I take my truck! A true professional with an “old school work ethnic” but all the modern tools.
It’ a 2 1/2 hr drive for me, but would happily travel twice as far.
Elevating Expections!
That’s an 8 hr drive for me. Unless he’s providing the parts & labor I’m going to have to pass lol although I will definitely be taking his advice

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s an 8 hr drive for me. Unless he’s providing the parts & labor I’m going to have to pass lol although I will definitely be taking his advice
Yea dont plan on free parts and labor lol, but his expert advice is free and he has no problem giving that out.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have some wearable items with wear and tear on them. The lift and larger tires speed up the wear and tear. Even stock, 81,000 miles you are going to see some suspension components that may need some attention. They may not be shot but they are not what they used to be. With the lift that puts more leverage on components, and the heavier tires put more stress on things as well.

When you floored it you most likely got wheel hop. This is very common when you lift these trucks without upgrading some other items. Control arms will solve that issue. A better panhard bar will help also. Along with the new bushings you will have stronger control arms and a pan hard bar which wont flex/deflect under heavy acceleration and hitting bumps. This all keeps the rear planted and more stable.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Rough Country doesn't make the strongest parts mixed with bad geometry and factory parts made from what feels like tin foil. Our trucks have a lot of tail wag from the factory some worse than others and any alignment rack will show what the trucks going to do under acceleration. A lot of shops unfortunately like to skimp on balancing big tires so its not a bad idea to look and see if you have wheel weights in multiple positions or just one. There are many variables that cause weirdness but beefing up the rear suspension parts will never be unnecessary or over kill. ALL Rams would benefit from it.
I recommended @Nick@GotExhaust because he can set you up with what this forum has fixed their trucks with for years.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
So the OP comes seeking advice on an issue with his lifted truck, an eminently qualified expert on lifted RAM trucks provides the requested advice and OP says "I don't think so ...". :crazy:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the OP comes seeking advice on an issue with his lifted truck, an eminently qualified expert on lifted RAM trucks provides the requested advice and OP says "I don't think so ...". :crazy:
But theres no rust…

All joke aside, i think the OP is understanding now.

OP
OP
Cmz2800

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im definitely jealous haaaa…living in northern michigan reeks some serious havoc on a vehicle ughhhhhhh
I don’t know how you do it. Your heating bill must be off the charts lol

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Simple question. Do you have issue when you don't floor it?
If the answer is no. Then, just taking a guess. It's just wheel hop that @Nick mentioned above. As he said , upgrading parts will help.

As well as Him and others stated. You might not think you have many miles, but larger tires and lift are going wear those parts faster.
You can get wheel hop with new stock truck if you hit gas hard.