Very bizarre feeling when surpassing 5k rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah but guys that balance Kia wheels all day tend to struggle with truck wheels. “Believe” me most guys find me after visiting 5+ shops/dealers
Oh I believe you I took your advice with the lift I got in it. Service guy was like nice lift and bilsteins.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah but guys that balance Kia wheels all day tend to struggle with truck wheels. “Believe” me most guys find me after visiting 5+ shops/dealers
You happen to know any places in Maine?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you are right. The dealership got it 90% better. I mean duratracs aren’t exactly street tires so I get there will be a little going on.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah you are right. The dealership got it 90% better. I mean duratracs aren’t exactly street tires so I get there will be a little going on.
They will definitely make noise, especially when they have some miles on them….but they should be able to at least make them smooth and balanced

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Using a wheel balancer requires a little skill. Technically you can balance a square wheel on a conventional balancer. “Now to be cocky” I’m rarely wrong LOL. Glad to hear the dealer smoothed you out

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Using a wheel balancer requires a little skill. Technically you can balance a square wheel on a conventional balancer. “Now to be cocky” I’m rarely wrong LOL. Glad to hear the dealer smoothed you out
Wish you were closer…just glad to know he felt it like I did so I know it’s not in my head. Wanted to do a smoke test to figure out my evap code as well but had filled the tank. Do you know what that may be as a ram owner? Thinking I may want to bypass the smoke test as I can prob replace the ESIM and purge for cheaper. Maybe pm me if you don’t want to answer here.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will definitely make noise, especially when they have some miles on them….but they should be able to at least make them smooth and balanced
I’m used to it honestly brother gave me a set to get through last winter. Got these at 36k truck only has 43atm. Do wish I woulda went 35 12.5 would look better with the 4 inch super lift.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Wish you were closer…just glad to know he felt it like I did so I know it’s not in my head. Wanted to do a smoke test to figure out my evap code as well but had filled the tank. Do you know what that may be as a ram owner? Thinking I may want to bypass the smoke test as I can prob replace the ESIM and purge for cheaper. Maybe pm me if you don’t want to answer here.
You can absolutely fire the parts cannon at it and maybe your evap code goes away. I prefer to find it and verify the fault and be 90%+ sure that’s what’s wrong before I replace.
The purge solenoid should have vacuum at idle so you can technically diagnose that without smoke