What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Something doesn't look right with that picture you attached. Shouldn't the ground be illuminated from the cut off all the way back to close to your front bumper? It seems almost like you have a gap of light in front of the bumper...

EDIT: unless you are simply holding it in your hand as you are testing...

two parts to that, first part is yeah I am holding it for testing, but also you do not want light going from cutoff to your bumper, from a visibility standpoint you can see more with the "gap" between the bumper and the light, some people think that the more light you see right in front of the bumper = more light on the ground, but the thing is, the brighter it is closer to your bumper the less you can see further away, on the high end retrofits, the projectors actually have limiters in place now to keep that gap in place so that you do not have light all the way to the bumper, and that does leave a black area that only really needs to be lit up in foggy situations and that's where fog lights are used but even at that, I almost never have used my fog lights when I run my true retrofit.

I hope I explained that properly lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
here is a link to a pic of my FXR retrofit, a step up from your most common higher end retro, look how narrow and wide my beam is, it has a large foreground limiter, but it throws light WAY down the road so you can see almost as if you have your brights on

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/demonhemi/DSCN0420.jpg

also here Is a shot of my truck probably 10-15 car lengths away from the wall of a building, you can see some light on the road in front of me but the real intensity is straight ahead

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/demonhemi/DSCN0422.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ok so what brand are those lights? I'm gonna be changing mine soon as well.
I've had decent luck with Ebay stuff but there seems like millions of listings for headlights.
Don't know which is what and such.

they are made by Anzo, they make a Cheaper LED halo version and a more expensive CCFL version, and the main difference is brightness...

and for anyone who doesn't know the difference, here is ebay LED vs Ebay CCFL lights, you can see the CCFL is much brighter

and yes for the record, I have a bunch of sets of headlights laying around

Attachments

• IMG_0345[1].jpg
    IMG_0345[1].jpg
    90 KB · Views: 48

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
oh and on the topic of headlights, and since im not done with my custom set of lights im building, I took off my OEMs and threw on some Clear corner headlights to hold me over on my 08

Attachments

• IMG_0605[1].jpg
    IMG_0605[1].jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 55

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
also here Is a shot of my truck probably 10-15 car lengths away from the wall of a building, you can see some light on the road in front of me but the real intensity is straight ahead

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/demonhemi/DSCN0422.jpg

I have retrofits on my truck, and I have adaptive HIDs on my Audi. I do not have any visible gaps between the visible street ahead of my hood to the cut off on either. There obviously has to be a gap, because the bumper, but from the sitting position in the front seats, you can not see it.

Just my experience.

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
they are made by Anzo, they make a Cheaper LED halo version and a more expensive CCFL version, and the main difference is brightness...

and for anyone who doesn't know the difference, here is ebay LED vs Ebay CCFL lights, you can see the CCFL is much brighter

69494d1460638996t-what_did_you_do_your_gen3_today-img_0345%5B1%5D.jpg

and yes for the record, I have a bunch of sets of headlights laying around

What's the price difference in these? The ebay ones on the left are what I'm planning to get for the 07. They're $150ish

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
Killer painting dude! I take it you're no amateur lol.

I'm actually in college for it right now. I'm in my 2nd semester, but I took to the painting aspect of autobody immediately. The airbrushing on the mailbox is actually my first attempt. I just learned the basics of airbrushing last month!

EDIT: got some clear on the parts today. Wetsand & a little hand buffing & I think these are gonna look nice. It's got me really excited about painting the truck this color! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460695599.739024.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1460695606.963878.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1460695615.854687.jpg

Last edited:

BOSterdahl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Posted her on craigslist :help:

Only seeing what i can get out of it...... if the price is right, shes gone. Thinking of using the money for a motorcycle and a car. We'll see how it goes.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still undecided on whether to go with a chrome or body color lower bumper, so I pulled the plastidip off the front beat up chrome bumper to decide whether I like it or not. I need to just make a decision and go get a bumper next week.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I have retrofits on my truck, and I have adaptive HIDs on my Audi. I do not have any visible gaps between the visible street ahead of my hood to the cut off on either. There obviously has to be a gap, because the bumper, but from the sitting position in the front seats, you can not see it.

Just my experience.

it all varies by vehicle and projectors, some cars have the foreground limiter and some dont, i know when i build mine i will add the limiters if they dont have them, just so that you have the further down the road visibility, but that all being said, it only keeps light out of the area immediately in front of the truck/ vehicle, usually when you are sitting in the vehicle comfortable you wont even notice it, ESPECIALLY in cars, the headlights are so low to the ground the gap will be very minimal, your retrofit is probably a MH1 or Mini D2s, certain versions of the MH1 have heavy limiters, others have none so it is possible your set is one of the one that doesn't, but i think if you drove a vehicle that had them, you would be pretty impressed with the long range of visibility, not saying you dont have that already because both your vehicles have good lighting but take that up to at least 1.5 times of what you have now if you limit the foreground light.

i will add this, most OEM projectors, including the ones on your audi, arent as good as the modified projectors you can buy for a retrofit, ive found that out to be the case 99% of the time and even the retrofit source agrees, what many do is replace the orig projector lens with a "clear lens mod", in the case of my infinity FXR projectors they were almost like 2 different ones, made a more crisp color and a better looking cutoff

What's the price difference in these? The ebay ones on the left are what I'm planning to get for the 07. They're $150ish

the difference is usually around $50

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Posted her on craigslist :help:

Only seeing what i can get out of it...... if the price is right, shes gone. Thinking of using the money for a motorcycle and a car. We'll see how it goes.

Well that was sort lived lol

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a big load of crap in the back right now. A bunch of heavy stuff like scrap metal and wet carpet. I'm not renting again, I'm going to sell this house once I get it back into shape. I end up spending too much time and money whenever a renter moves out and it's getting to be not worth the hassle anymore. I think there's enough old crappy car parts to build an entire car from scratch. All of it is going to the dump tomorrow morning.

On a brighter note, I actually had to put 40lbs of air in the bags and it brought the rear end up higher than usual, even loaded down with about 1500lbs of crap. Who says you can't haul with a slammed truck?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
When I purchased my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab, in December 2013, it had Hankook Ventus ST 275/55R20 117V tires, and 58K miles. Today I had a new set of Hankook Ventus ST 275/55R20 117V tires installed to replace the current set. The old tires were not worn out, but the tread was worn enough that I wanted to replace them anyways. I really like these tires. I also had the frontend, and rear end alignment done. My truck drives much better now.

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
Ordered shocks, rotors, pads, plugs, coils, and wipers today. Getting ready for my 120K service.

DietDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Just got some plugs, wipers, led map and dome lights, full ceramic brakes all the way around and new upper AND lower radiator hoses. That should keep me happy until I can get my spindle lift

t3amcha0s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Installing new upper and lower control arms with new ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, shocks, sway bar bushings, rack & pinion bushings, installed and bed coated a toolbox, and bed coating my rims

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54