What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTLHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Actually mine are just regular h3 bulbs with yellow lenses. It's an off road kit from Bosch. Works pretty good so far . Gonna see tonight when it gets dark how it looks. All in all took me about an hour to install . Mounted a switch on the dash that way i decide when I want them on.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

2500hemi05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This passed week I have re-wrapped my headliner in camo fabric. (looks sweet)
swapped my truck to a standard trans. I need to do motor mounts as mine are cracking.

MTLHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So much light it's ridiculous . Not really needed for the city but the times I do venture out of town it's going to be nice to have I'm sure.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
So much light it's ridiculous . Not really needed for the city but the times I do venture out of town it's going to be nice to have I'm sure.

Haha that's cute...

Looks good though. :happy107:

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I've come up with a problem maybe someone can shine a light on. Truck is making like a whinning noise I believe from the rear end but it goes away at about 20mph and only when I hit the gas. I'm going tomorrow to have a custom driveshaft priced gonna get it 2" longer to accommodate my lift. The yoke has moved out between 1.5"-2". New ujoints for it as well and will have it powder coated to match the truck just to look nice. I believe these are possibly my cultists in my vibration and maybe the noise but unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
0059c8a421742b21850d286ba460f41d.jpg

ce2458e66f360a5242e1afdb3b8d9465.jpg

After a long trip tomorrow will finally be the end of my travels. Pulling this bad boy was fun, scary, and easy all in one trip!

Wow! Many fueling stops on that Alaskan highway?

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would be more worried about help if I break down than a fuel stop...

A few jiggers in the bed can secure a few more miles if need be!

Agreed, still curious as to fueling options.

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've come up with a problem maybe someone can shine a light on. Truck is making like a whinning noise I believe from the rear end but it goes away at about 20mph and only when I hit the gas. I'm going tomorrow to have a custom driveshaft priced gonna get it 2" longer to accommodate my lift. The yoke has moved out between 1.5"-2". New ujoints for it as well and will have it powder coated to match the truck just to look nice. I believe these are possibly my cultists in my vibration and maybe the noise but unsure.

A bad pinion bearing would do that. Only make noise, when on the throttle.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Was gonna say that about a bearing, but my inner pinion bearing was shot and loud all the time not just on the gas. So maybe it's just starting or a carrier bearing or the outer pinion bearing.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L

Well I'm working on the driveshaft now the guy wasn't at his shop when I called but I'll replace the seals, ujoints, and bearing probably when I do the shaft

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Well I'm working on the driveshaft now the guy wasn't at his shop when I called but I'll replace the seals, ujoints, and bearing probably when I do the shaft

To do the inner pinion bearing you have to take the whole rear apart, if your getting that deep into it I would replace all the bearings, also inspect the inside of the housing for damage especially where the pinion shaft sits, if there is any you may wind up doing the bearing again soon depending on how bad so you may have to decide if a whole axle assembly is the way to go.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk