What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Engine
I find that yellow glares more to me than blue lights. Maybe my eyes are different lol

Yeah I think you are lol. Every **** I see with add-on HID's incorrectly aimed on the interstate I wished I had a 1mil candle power spotlight to shine them right back.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I find that yellow glares more to me than blue lights. Maybe my eyes are different lol

the human eye responds to blue really bad, in fact yellow is the easiest color for the human eye to respond to and blue it about the worst, that's what makes it funny to me when people go all out to have a blue headlight so they can "see better" when ultimately they are only doing themselves harm, the blue makes the eye strain (especially on long drives) and will cause fatigue to set in much faster

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Cut the lips off my rear fenders today after a quick consult with Demon-Hemi. I just got tired of them rubbing on off center bumps.

:superhack::superhack::superhack:

gotta always cut haha, I still have to cut more on my blue truck, the cross brace at the back of the cab rubs the driveshaft occasionally

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
8a45ff1f60fda47a22d8ec4f249177f3.jpg new opt7 LED fog lights 10k lil bit bluer than I thought it would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's past a 10k, look up "ice blue" for the color, its almost a real 8-10k temp

in the pic below is an ice blue 9006 bulb, you can see its not a deep blue like the halo but still much closer to a real 10k HID

Attachments

• IMG_2048[1].jpg
    IMG_2048[1].jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 37

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
here is a teal colored turn signal LED and an "ice blue" LED in the headlight, its pretty much right between 8-10k, its still a very noticeable blue while being a semi usable light, I always say stay away from blue but if you want the blue look and functional, this would be the way to go

Attachments

• IMG_1880[1].jpg
    IMG_1880[1].jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 40

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Oh yeah that's what I was anticipating not the almost purple blue I got

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my way right now to the Atlanta aquarium. Saw this sick ram dually. Best pic I could get before he exited.

Attachments

• 20161128_083724.jpg
    20161128_083724.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Installed some 10,000K LED Bed lights today with a switch inside the bed, hidden up in the corner. Don't mind the switch being crooked I fixed it lol and the yellow wires got tucked away after that photo. But DAMN I love how bright they are, it's insane!!!!

Here's the link for them: Pilot Automotive 8" COB 10,000K LED Strips, Polar Blue

Right now everything on their site is 35% off and you can even select "Pay in Store" and your local Pep Boys will gather all the **** you select and have it ready at the register when you get there... I use it all the time! 35% off plus I don't have to search the store for ****!! Win Win!!

Led1.jpg

Led2.jpg

Led3.jpg

Led4.jpg

Led5.jpg

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Also got new rims this past weekend.

ATX Justice 20x10 with Cooper Zeon LTZ XL Series 275/60/R20 Tires on them.... man are they beefy!! They stick out about 2 inches further then my stock wheels with 275/60 tires!!!

ATX1.jpg

ATX2.jpg

ATX3.jpg

ATX4.jpg

ATX5.jpg

ATX6.jpg

Also, I continued sanding, primering, painting and clear coating my 06-08 Hemi Sport Front Lip. It's all done and just waiting for sunshine tomorrow to install it on my truck!! For spraying it with Duplicolor Perfect Match Primer, Flame Red PR4 & Clear Coat Spray Paint Cans, it came out amazing!!!

Paint1.jpg

Paint2.jpg

Pajnt3.jpg

Paint4.jpg

Also, because they were having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (25th-28th) for $75 off any order $499+, I ordered myself some Clazzio Leather Seat Covers. I went with Dark Gray Body, Black Leather Inserts with Red Stitching. I hate the 10-12 week wait time, but after I installed my 04 Laramie Electric & Heated Black Leather w/ Gray Suede Seats, but had to take them out and sell them (because of air bag sensors not in 04 seats and my truck is an 06 so I wouldn't pass inspection) but I know how nice leather looks and feels in my truck so the wait will 100% be worth it!!

Here are 2 pictures of a 3rd Gen Dodge Ram with a very similar set of Clazzio seat Covers. These are Dark Gray Bosy, Black Leather Inserts with Orange Stitching. Mine will be the same, but with Red stitching. I actually couldn't decide on colors and insert material (leather, suede and I even contemplated black on black quilted with red stitching) but once I saw these pictures I knew I had to order these colors!!

Clazzio1.jpg

Clazzio2.jpg

You better believe I'll be posting pictures once these bad boys get here. I also ordered a set of universal seat heaters for the front 2 seats. I'm kind of on the fence about ordering another 2 sets for the back seats aswell and letting my passengers ride in comfort aswell. I don't know too many people with heated rear seats :)

Last edited:

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
daily grind....no kidding either them bearings in da front......

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
^ Sure looks nice!

daily grind....no kidding either them bearings in da front......

****WARNING****

Don't be like my brother and wait too long, a few years ago his wife was driving down the road in their Cherokee when the whole front wheel and hub assembly came off lol.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
^ Sure looks nice!

****WARNING****

Don't be like my brother and wait too long, a few years ago his wife was driving down the road in their Cherokee when the whole front wheel and hub assembly came off lol.

This happened on my banshee (quad) when I was 14. I was just starting to learn about how cars/quads etc. mechanically work and my front wheel was making a grinding noise for a few weeks but being a poor unemployed 14yr old I couldn't afford to fix it. Well one day I was riding in a field and all the sudden I noticed my front right wheel was rolling in front of my quad, actually rolling faster then the quad was going lol... Next thing I knew, the hub assembly dug into the grass and I was flying in the air lol... $800 repair bill for the quad and a dislocated shoulder later, and you could say I learned my lesson lol.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
This happened on my banshee (quad) when I was 14. I was just starting to learn about how cars/quads etc. mechanically work and my front wheel was making a grinding noise for a few weeks but being a poor unemployed 14yr old I couldn't afford to fix it. Well one day I was riding in a field and all the sudden I noticed my front right wheel was rolling in front of my quad, actually rolling faster then the quad was going lol... Next thing I knew, the hub assembly dug into the grass and I was flying in the air lol... $800 repair bill for the quad and a dislocated shoulder later, and you could say I learned my lesson lol.

Yeah, that'll teach ya alright lol.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aired up my front tires to 40psi before I left for work.

Rear tire tread is really getting down there... the ass end kicked out about 8 times in my 7 mile commute. I was driving down a lane lined by orange cones on both sides, doing about 15 when I tried to accelerate, turns out I can drift diagonally without hitting any cones :D

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Aired up my front tires to 40psi before I left for work.

Rear tire tread is really getting down there... the ass end kicked out about 8 times in my 7 mile commute. I was driving down a lane lined by orange cones on both sides, doing about 15 when I tried to accelerate, turns out I can drift diagonally without hitting any cones :D

That storm down your way?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah sorta... It's on and off.. not too strong tho. We're supposedly going to get hammered all day tomorrow tho.... It just so happens I have to wear my dress uniform tomorrow :D yaaay.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Good thing you can wear the sports jacket then and hang up the dress jacket
Is there any of the fires down there? Seems like half of TN is on fire atm

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah sorta... It's on and off.. not too strong tho. We're supposedly going to get hammered all day tomorrow tho.... It just so happens I have to wear my dress uniform tomorrow :D yaaay.

My students have payday activities on Friday, where they have to wear their dress uniform and have an inspection and normally they get released early. I gave them the choice whether to be in class all day or participate in payday activities and get off early and they all chose to stay in class all day......... :roflsquared:

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
My students have payday activities on Friday, where they have to wear their dress uniform and have an inspection and normally they get released early. I gave them the choice whether to be in class all day or participate in payday activities and get off early and they all chose to stay in class all day......... :roflsquared:

What do you teach?