What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Repainted my dash (again), looks a whole lot better and not like it was painted by a 12-year old.

Also had my tailgate cover/spoiler rip off my truck cruising down the highway yesterday. Luckily I noticed that it flew off when it happened so I could turn around and get it out of the middle of the highway before anyone ran it over and pulled out the insurance on me. Anyways I went to my local dealership and got a replacement for just over $100. I noticed the staff and reps were much nicer than they were last time I walked in there. New cover should be here tomorrow

Other than that, enjoying driving my noisy truck

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Repainted my dash (again), looks a whole lot better and not like it was painted by a 12-year old.

Also had my tailgate cover/spoiler rip off my truck cruising down the highway yesterday. Luckily I noticed that it flew off when it happened so I could turn around and get it out of the middle of the highway before anyone ran it over and pulled out the insurance on me. Anyways I went to my local dealership and got a replacement for just over $100. I noticed the staff and reps were much nicer than they were last time I walked in there. New cover should be here tomorrow

Other than that, enjoying driving my noisy truck
Pics of the dash??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Changed the oil, air filter, and wipers a while back.

Today, drove in the snow. Even for Alaska, it was a lot for a first snow. 10+ inches.

Was in a sweatshirt last Friday.

Nothing is subtle in Alaska [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm jealous lol I need to do this

Definitely worth the 30min or less it takes. The cushion came from A-1 Auto (through Amazon). The 2 hardest parts of the task was undoing the 2 seat cover connectors on the right side of the seat. I used a long screwdriver to unhook and hook them back up. Also making sure the rear of the cushion was completely tucked over the seat frame. Unhooking the rear of the seat cover may have made that a little easier.

I just did it like this:

Only thing I did different was instead of getting Felt for the metal edge I used 3m double sided tape and a strip of shelf/ drawer liner that I already had on hand.

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely worth the 30min or less it takes. The cushion came from A-1 Auto (through Amazon). The 2 hardest parts of the task was undoing the 2 seat cover connectors on the right side of the seat. I used a long screwdriver to in hook and hook them back up. Also making sure the rear of the cushion was completely tucked over the seat frame. Unhooking the rear of the seat cover may have made that a little easier.

I just did it like this:

Only thing I did different was instead of getting Felt for the metal edge it used 3m double sided tape and a strip of shelf/ drawer liner that I already had on hand.
Any chance I could get you to post a Amazon link to the cushion you bought?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Pics of the dash??

I'll have to snap one for ya in the morning, been so busy haven't really got to enjoy it too much. Plus I have one spot I touched with my finger before it was dry on accident (I was in a rush) so I have a classy fingerprint right above the A/C controls that I'm trying to ignore lol

Anyways, new spoiler came in today and I got it installed. I went and got a roll of double-sided mounting tape from walmart and added a generous amount to the spoiler, so hopefully that along with the tape strip it came with will keep the front side from lifting up from the wind and breaking like my old one did. I'll take some pictures tommorrow

On another note, I'm starting to get the hang of Photoshop and I'm killing myself by editing mods I can't afford onto my truck lol

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unclogged my a/c evap line on the firewall, needed some compressed air.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
0f14d83d0c0cfd1ba22f46d45af9872d.jpg

Painted it with some kind of dark rustoleum metallic, I cant remember the exact name of it, anyways turned out great except for my pretty obvious fingerprint marks

I do have to give props to the previous owner who put in some high-quality aftermarket speakers cuz they sound really good compared to any of my friends’ speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulled mine out of the garage and out to a car show last weekend

5de56672a2403990541af49c2a692cc9.jpg
6692a4514ce22493d78ae60b63b4ab2f.jpg
4111de2b3ae635d758da8babe0b86d92.jpg

When I see the blue one it always makes me think of doing a nose job on mine. Lot of 06-08 front ends I don’t care for but that looks mean

atlas750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Replaced my worn out driver seat cushion! Now it feels like I'm on a booster seat. had to raise the tilt wheel and all the mirrors! Should keep my but from going numb on long drives!
James
Where did you get the new cushion?