What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Ordered Hawk drilled and slotted brake rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Anyone want a write up and pics of install?

Hell yeah!! Post a new thread in the DIY section.......s'pecially w/pix!!

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took mine to work this morning through some snow in 4X4. Thing is beast in the snow, as I stated before. I was taking it easy though. You can feel the truck slide sideways a couple of times. Not many people on the roads, which helps.
The roads and highways were not very well plowed. :flipthebird:
Work let us go early and paid us for the full day. Worked 6 hours, got paid for 8! :favorites13:

Mistwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered gears and diff for truck. Yukon Limited slip for rear, Motive 4.56 gears for front/rear and install kits. Also tool for rear.

Good riddance 3.55 gears and open rear diff. Truck will be much happier pulling my 24ft trailer to track now :peace:

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
went out and greased up the truck nice to see so many grease able U joints problem came when greasing outer tie rod pass side because it split in two good thing I have not tried driving it yet would have sucked to have it let go doing 110 k. So I removed all the front steering now to decide to update with new mopar T setup or replace with new Y parts hmmmm what do you think?

Ares_288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
Ordered gears and diff for truck. Yukon Limited slip for rear, Motive 4.56 gears for front/rear and install kits. Also tool for rear.

Good riddance 3.55 gears and open rear diff. Truck will be much happier pulling my 24ft trailer to track now :peace:
Nice, you regearing by yourself or shop?

Mistwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, you regearing by yourself or shop?

I like to do my own work.

Welding, body, paint, engines etc. Only thing I have never messed with is rebuilding an automatic trans or manual trans. I prefer doing things myself as I can learn how things are done. Sometimes having a shop do it could be far quicker and possibly cheaper since I end up buying tools to do job.

My best gear swap came at the track with my car. Took two teeth out of a ring gear on a set of 4.30s with a 6600rpm launch. I swapped them out in the pits the following week. All of 90 minutes from tear down to making pass on them and were whisper quiet.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked at mine sitting behind my work in the field and wondered what my next move is going to be.

I did see a really cool short bed, silver, single cab with a bed cover and wished it were mine.

Ares_288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
I like to do my own work.

Welding, body, paint, engines etc. Only thing I have never messed with is rebuilding an automatic trans or manual trans. I prefer doing things myself as I can learn how things are done. Sometimes having a shop do it could be far quicker and possibly cheaper since I end up buying tools to do job.

My best gear swap came at the track with my car. Took two teeth out of a ring gear on a set of 4.30s with a 6600rpm launch. I swapped them out in the pits the following week. All of 90 minutes from tear down to making pass on them and were whisper quiet.

Nice, you and me both.

Treeshark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 ST 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
Not today, but this past weekend had to get some stuff done for my upcoming trip to MI from MD. Rear rotors and pads replaced due to tons of shaking and vibration when braking from the rear. Now smooth as silk. Also replaced rear pinion seal and replaced about a quart and a half of 75W-140. Also changed the oil and recharged the K&N. Replaced wipers. Drained and refilled the transfer case. All needed to be done for sure. Still have the full swap of axle fluids to do and service the transmission with fluid change and filter. I hear a lot of people saying the transmission service is no longer recommended. Anyone have input on this? Owner's manual doesn't mention it at all for maintenance, but I have always done fluid and filter changes on the transmissions on my other vehicles.

Long post, sorry!:sleepy10:

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to install my replacement strut today, if the 30/35mph winds don't blow it over...

All done, alignment scheduled for tomorrow.

Final installment in the strut saga. Alignment done. What a difference! No more pull to the right, tighter steering. All is well.

Last edited:

ramanator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1999, 1995, and 1984
Engine
Hemi 5.7, two 318s and a 360
Gave it a much needed bath and installed my new tow mirrors

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 86

ramanator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1999, 1995, and 1984
Engine
Hemi 5.7, two 318s and a 360
And here's a front view

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 71

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
truck bailed me out today......filled her up with 93 octane ........she didn't wanna start right away a few days ago......gonna be a cold start tomorrow......-numbers are not good......and a 15/20 mile an hour wind does no help.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ordered a front end kit today... Will be in the shop later this week replacing both upper and lower ball joints. The kit also provides for both inner and outer tie rod ends but they will wait for later this spring when I replace the RnP and the PS pump.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Ordered a front end kit today... Will be in the shop later this week replacing both upper and lower ball joints. The kit also provides for both inner and outer tie rod ends but they will wait for later this spring when I replace the RnP and the PS pump.
I have a feeling in the steering wheel....feels like a vibration of sorts......bearing wise .....if that makes any sense.