What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benningtonr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed Bilstein 5100 adjustable ride height set at 2.1 in the front, 5100's in the rear and mevtech UCA's, then it was off to the alignment shop. All done and looks great, and level.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've had my truck for 10 months and im already at 25k =2 cabin filters so far. At least they do not cost much.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just added the Carven Progressive bolt on muffler to my ‘17 Ram Crew Cab with the 5.7

How’s it sound going down the road and when you get on the throttle? Is it quiet then but loud when you want it to be or is it pretty much loud all the time?

How about inside the cab? I’d like to try one of these bolt-on mufflers but, I don’t want something obnoxiously loud that’s gonna drone to all get out in the cab. Something throaty, but heard when you want it to be. Is there something like that out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jake91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checkout my setup, ignore the annoying squeak in the background. It was windy and the light poll i set my camera on was swaying around

Magnaflow 22in with resonators deleted. Has a nice rumble but no drone sounds stock when cruising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How’s it sound going down the road and when you get on the throttle? Is it quiet then but loud when you want it to be or is it pretty much loud all the time?

How about inside the cab? I’d like to try one of these bolt-on mufflers but, I don’t want something obnoxiously loud that’s gonna drone to all get out in the cab. Something throaty, but heard when you want it to be. Is there something like that out there?

I’ll take a video soon of how it sounds inside the cab. It’s reall not that loud if you use the -/+ gear select trick to keep the engine from kicking down to 4 cylinders.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ll take a video soon of how it sounds inside the cab. It’s reall not that loud if you use the -/+ gear select trick to keep the engine from kicking down to 4 cylinders.

Oh hell, I forgot about the helicopter noise from 4-banger mode. I don’t think I wanna mess with that since you can’t just simply turn the VVT off with a programmer without having to buy a whole new computer. And not only that, I don’t wanna have to push a button on my steering wheel every time I drive the truck, either. Lol.

I figured in 10 years time from 2008 to now that they woulda made some significant improvements to the eco mode to make it not so noticeable on louder exhaust systems but speaking of which; since the Sublime Edition Ram has more of a performance exhaust on it, how did they get past the helicopter whip sound when I goes into eco mode? Does the Sublime even have an eco mode?

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I don't think the special edition models have different MDS programming than any other model. Why would it?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think the special edition models have different MDS programming than any other model. Why would it?

I don’t know. I guess there’s really no rhyme or reason at all why it wouldn’t but I guess since the Sublime has more of a performance exhaust under it, does it also have extra performance added under the hood?

I would think that if so, maybe it wouldn’t all or maybe it would be slightly different so that it’s not as noticeable, I dunno. I never took a test drive in a Sublime so I have no idea if the VVT (if it even has it) is even noticeable. Love the color but I wasn’t in the market for a 2-wheeler pickup and no chrome. Lol.

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ordered some more speakers today...

Got the Infinity Reference REF-9633ix 6x9’s for the rear doors and the Infinity Reference REF-5032cfx 5.25’s for the front doors. I sure hope these suffice for a replacement sub in the front but Crutchfield advised me that they didn’t have an aftermarket 6x9 that was 3-ohm would fit in the factory location so hopefully these sound good. Apparently there’s not enough depth? It’s weird that the rear doors would have enough room to accommodate a deeper speaker but not the front....

Oh well, guess we’ll see. Lol. Might cost me a 10-dollar return shipping label.

Please tell me you didn't buy them from crutchfield...

Amazon has the same speakers for $100 less than crutchfield

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF-275tx-Reference-Edge-Driven-Tweeters/dp/B01E8OZ1KM?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF-275tx-Reference-Edge-Driven-Tweeters/dp/B01E8OYTGY?th=1

As for replacing the front speakers, the Alpine system is crossed over and the front doors are getting mostly bass/midbass and very little else. Replacing the stock 6x9's with 5 1/4" speakers will result in quite a bit of lost bass if you're leaving all else stock. The stock front speakers are fine for what they do and I wouldn't really recommend replacing them, but if you're dead set on it, then do a bit of searching on the forums and you'll find a few that fit 6x9s just fine.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please tell me you didn't buy them from crutchfield...
Too late. lol.

Those may be similar and pretty close to the same but as with the infinity reference 3032’s I got over the 3022’s for the dash, they’re not the same. The ones I bought are the newer versions of the old ones. That’s probably why they’re almost 50 bucks cheaper.

As for replacing the front speakers, the Alpine system is crossed over and the front doors are getting mostly bass/midbass and very little else. Replacing the stock 6x9's with 5 1/4" speakers will result in quite a bit of lost bass if you're leaving all else stock. The stock front speakers are fine for what they do and I wouldn't really recommend replacing them, but if you're dead set on it, then do a bit of searching on the forums and you'll find a few that fit 6x9s just fine.

Yeah like I said, I didn’t really want to go with that much of a smaller speaker since even Crutchfield said I might lose a little bass but the reason I took their advice on that was because they said that no other 6x9 speaker they carry will fit depth-wise in the factory location. Which is why I also said that I’ll probably end up returning those little 5 and a quarter’s.

But if those(most likely) don’t work out, I did however find these Kickers that are a direct Mopar factory upgrade so maybe they’ll work out better. I don’t really need the included tweeters since I already replaced my dash speakers but that’s not a bad price for the subs.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drove it to work and home in a blizzard.
Started work at 6:30am and worked till 10:30am, but getting paid for the full day! Some parts of the roads are great, some are really horrid! Visibility is really low as well. Looks like a lot of people stayed home today as the roads were empty. Smart choice. Only 6 of us at work and all of the trucks were parked out front and one suv with 4WD.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I didn't even bother going into work today. It's Nasty as he'll. Lots of snow coming down.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk