What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never having used these..whats the big difference between that and quick detailer? Thats my go to for those problems

From my understanding, this breaks down dirt significantly better. Quick detailer is for a already clean car. This is designed specifically for breaking down dirt so it doesn't scratch your paint when you wipe it away. In fact I accidentally started with quick detailer last night and wondered why I had to scrub so hard, switched over to this and it's dirt comes off like nothing.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From my understanding, this breaks down dirt significantly better. Quick detailer is for a already clean car. This is designed specifically for breaking down dirt so it doesn't scratch your paint when you wipe it away. In fact I accidentally started with quick detailer last night and wondered why I had to scrub so hard, switched over to this and it's dirt comes off like nothing.
Awesome, I will grab a bottle!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So what do you do, just spray this stuff on the car and wipe it off with like the same big micro fiber towel you’d use to dry it off after washing it with the hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what do you do, just spray this stuff on the car and wipe it off with like the same big micro fiber towel you’d use to dry it off after washing it with the hose?

I havent used it but I know the basic concept. Spray it on, use one side of microfiber to 'wash' the layer of dirt off, then use a clean side to dry. Repeat if necessary.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took a couple of photos since I was super early for work this morning. It was still dark out so bear with me. lol
The truck is a mess, I know. Waiting for some killer weather to spend some time on it. Hopefully sooner than later. And,....it's snowing out right now. lol :flame:
I'm also thinking about taking that front plate/plate holder off too. I hate it.

061326.jpg

061347.jpg

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Exactly. I can have the Charger done with windows and wheels in 20 minutes or so. It is great lol.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Took a couple of photos since I was super early for work this morning. It was still dark out so bear with me. lol
The truck is a mess, I know. Waiting for some killer weather to spend some time on it. Hopefully sooner than later. And,....it's snowing out right now. lol :flame:
I'm also thinking about taking that front plate/plate holder off too. I hate it.

View attachment 124712

View attachment 124713
Pics or die.....lol **** won't load.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took it to a couple different shops on the way home to diagnose a loud tick that developed when I started it after work - all 3 shops are torn between collapsed lifter or flat spot on the cam... Not just a tick now though, by the time I made it home, I have almost no power from 1500rpm up to 3500rpm, it just feels like it's falling flat on its face.

Gonna have to see if the custom guy that lives a few miles over still has the mild cam for my truck he's been trying to get me to buy.

smithj603

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 BigHorn CC
Engine
Never having used these..whats the big difference between that and quick detailer? Thats my go to for those problems

This guy Larry goes into great detail about all things detailing (sometimes exhausting)- but just released this video on a waterless wash that explains everything pretty well

His stuff is definitely worth checking out in my opinion

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pics or die.....lol **** won't load.
Shows up fine on my pc??

I LOVE waterless wash. I only use it on the Roush though. It doesn't get very dirty at all and never sees rain/wet pavement or snow. Can't use it on my truck as it's my daily driver.
I use Adam's waterless wash and the Adam's one ply plush microfiber towels. Killer combo. Those microfiber towels are probably the softest out there. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. lol

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This guy Larry goes into great detail about all things detailing (sometimes exhausting)- but just released this video on a waterless wash that explains everything pretty well

His stuff is definitely worth checking out in my opinion
All his products seem good, but if I am going to spend that much on a waterless system I would probably not be waterlessly washing my truck lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't totally embraced the waterless wash system yet, much to the shagrin of my detail friends. As long as I have reasonable warm weather and a garage, the ol two bucket method is still good for me. I'm trying, just not quite there yet.
Jay

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't totally embraced the waterless wash system yet, much to the shagrin of my detail friends. As long as I have reasonable warm weather and a garage, the ol two bucket method is still good for me. I'm trying, just not quite there yet.
Jay
It's really good if you want to keep the scratches and swirling to a minimum and if your vehicle isn't that dirty. Key words, vehicle shouldn't be really dirty. I'll never use it on my truck as it's the daily driver. My toy will be getting waterless washed indefinitely.lol
I'm really fussy with my babies.