What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kirkcad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Whoa... Madras? How are the fires out that way? They'd cut off any fuel being available for awhile out that way last week (including all of Biggs.)

They were allowed small fires in camp in the fire pit, but wife said she can't see fires being allowed much longer up there. Plus, while they were camping, a barn caught fire down by the reservoir and the fire quickly traveled up one of the ridges......they watched the entire thing from camp....but she said it was quickly snuffed by fire crews because a structure was involved.

They have been chased out of horse camps due to fires before, so they always set up camp in a manner where they can get the hell out in a damned hurry, if need be.

They had some smoke haze from the substation fire up around the Dalles, but supposedly they almost have that one contained.

I would hate to be in southern Oregon right now, as the fires down there around Central Point and Medford are nasty.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I would hate to be in southern Oregon right now, as the fires down there around Central Point and Medford are nasty.

Agreed - half of our small/local fire crew (Mist-Birkenfeld RFPD) went down there last week to help out.

kirkcad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Agreed - half of our small/local fire crew (Mist-Birkenfeld RFPD) went down there last week to help out.

Yea, same with Lane, Linn, Benton, and Polk counties, I believe. Think there is even some help coming from further north in the valley. It is truly scary down south in the state.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
as of about 3:30 yesterday the Truck has been coated with @AdamsPolishes Ceramic Paint coating and is sitting in the garage curing.

This evening after work I have to apply Adams Ceramic Boost on the whole truck and the coating is complete. Then clean the windows, wheels, and shine the tires and this chore is complete. Then I need some nice sunny weather to really see how it shines.

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
Installed my readylift level kit. Never again.
Started Friday afternoon, pulled the wheel off, turned the tie rod and sway bar loose, let go of the upper control arm, swung the lower control arm and knuckle waaaay down as far as it would go, pulled the spring out, and the trouble started there.
No matter how hard we tried (had a friend helping out) we could not get the crappy little rented spring compressor to compress the spring enough to get it back into the shock tower with the 1.75” spacer on top.
Gave up around 11pm and reconvened the next morning. After some trial and error and much ugly language and wrench throwing, the idea of using some vice grips and a ratchet strap popped into our heads. Got the passenger side together after 7 hours total. Driver side was apart and back together in 35 minutes.
Sunday gave the dirty girl a bath and even shined her shoes.

dad43c647eb288409fe7731a76084bca.jpg

6fb16d82bd9067539b49bcc2821761bd.jpg

4f3692b99474ff4d01c2ea06b5c7f12a.jpg

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
as of about 3:30 yesterday the Truck has been coated with @AdamsPolishes Ceramic Paint coating and is sitting in the garage curing.

This evening after work I have to apply Adams Ceramic Boost on the whole truck and the coating is complete. Then clean the windows, wheels, and shine the tires and this chore is complete. Then I need some nice sunny weather to really see how it shines.

What’s total hours invested at this point ? Lol. Can’t wait to see finished products. This could and should have been a write up [emoji12]

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
What’s total hours invested at this point ? Lol. Can’t wait to see finished products. This could and should have been a write up [emoji12]

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

I hate to say it but I'm about 17 hours into it lol.....of course I broke it up over 4 days(the beauty of having 2 vehicles and a garage)

I didn't take any before pictures so there really is no comparison to be able to do a write up.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is why you don’t buy the cheap fedar exhaust tips off amazon lol. This was the second one they sent me after the first one did the same thing so I upgraded to a 5” ceramic coated Gibson tip this time. See how this one holds up.
View attachment 134831

I ordered a pair of the Gibson 4-inchers just last week and went with the double-walled model. Can't wait to get 'em on; those chrome tips are the last pieces of shine on my '16 Reb (the only other exterior chrome is on the stock antenna and mine was replaced early last week)!

I ran an SS catback from Gibson on my '02 Ranger and it was nice kit; I'm sure these tips will work well, too. I'll post up pics when done.

TXCOMT

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Was bored so I decided to grease my custom front drive shaft. The stuff that came out was pretty cheap so I'm happy I did it.

IMG_6976.jpg

Yes I cleaned off the gunk that came out of it.
Cloud, your underside looks great for that year. POR-15?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I appreciate the comment but to be honest I don't do anything lol. If I lived up north that would be a different story
About to start mine with rustoleum. Like you, this is not a salt-baked truck, so no need to go that distance.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
About to start mine with rustoleum. Like you, this is not a salt-baked truck, so no need to go that distance.

My rear axle definitely could use a coat of paint or a nice cleaning. Other than that I'm quite happy with how well it's holding up

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members