What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Started polishing the lathe chatter, feeds and speeds were for harder aluminum than anticipated.

guess which butterfly screw didn’t come out nicely?

1C68980C-38DA-4DF7-BE9B-9AF618C4A6B3.jpeg

7205ED2C-9879-44D5-8809-48249177B2C7.jpeg

Last edited:

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK ram friends quick question on shocks and struts...

skyjacker black max any good for the long term?

Any logical input is appreciated as I'm trying to figure out which ones to get...

Marksr20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 ram 1500 ccsb sport 4x4 with 82k miles on it. Below is everything I completed on my maintenance/small upgrade schedule:

Redline oil change from Pennzoil ultra uranium pluto synthetic
redline rear diff fluid
redline front diff fluid
redline transfer case fluid
redline fuel treatment
NGK spark plug change
Throttle body cleaning
both Front Wheel bearings
Deezee tailgate strut
Front Brake rotors and pads
Tire rotation
recharged the a/c because it was down 1/2lb. now it is at 43F on max
Removed the spare tire and tools as I haven't done that (original owner)
cleaned k&n air filter
and anxiously waiting for my gator fx tonneau cover to be delivered today and install.

My truck feels like the day I drove it off the lot. I had a bad humming from the bearings and the brakes were in need of replacing (replaced them at 45k with oem, this time I went with an aftermarket oem type set with great reviews). Those noises are gone and the truck is running much smoother. Im glad I replaced the spark plugs as well, the old plugs were in decent shape but the new ones you can notice made a difference.

I am having an issue with my radio once in a while changing the channels on its own. Does anyone have a suggestion for this problem on the 8.4N?

I also have the fish bowl drivers side projector headlight. I have silica bags to put inside it, I saw another member on here do that and it fixed the problem. Does anyone else have a suggestion for this?

Thanks in advance

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2014 ram 1500 ccsb sport 4x4 with 82k miles on it. Below is everything I completed on my maintenance/small upgrade schedule:

Redline oil change from Pennzoil ultra uranium pluto synthetic
redline rear diff fluid
redline front diff fluid
redline transfer case fluid
redline fuel treatment
NGK spark plug change
Throttle body cleaning
both Front Wheel bearings
Deezee tailgate strut
Front Brake rotors and pads
Tire rotation
recharged the a/c because it was down 1/2lb. now it is at 43F on max
Removed the spare tire and tools as I haven't done that (original owner)
cleaned k&n air filter
and anxiously waiting for my gator fx tonneau cover to be delivered today and install.

My truck feels like the day I drove it off the lot. I had a bad humming from the bearings and the brakes were in need of replacing (replaced them at 45k with oem, this time I went with an aftermarket oem type set with great reviews). Those noises are gone and the truck is running much smoother. Im glad I replaced the spark plugs as well, the old plugs were in decent shape but the new ones you can notice made a difference.

I am having an issue with my radio once in a while changing the channels on its own. Does anyone have a suggestion for this problem on the 8.4N?

I also have the fish bowl drivers side projector headlight. I have silica bags to put inside it, I saw another member on here do that and it fixed the problem. Does anyone else have a suggestion for this?

Thanks in advance

[emoji122]. Time and money well spent right there! Good allocation of funds....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Enabled the alarm on the truck. Only had to change "Lin & MISC - VTA System Present" then "VTA"
Light blinks and when opening door, it goes off. I was inside the truck testing and had to remember that the light blinks fast for a delay so that you can go back in for something (wallet glasses etc) and not set it off. I didn't time it (looks like 30-45 secs), then blinks slow and is armed.

MileHighRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Exhaust leak on the passenger side got my last nerve. Just ordered me some JBA silver ceramic shorty headers and OEM gaskets off of Moes! (Thanks stimulus check) Can’t wait to get them on!

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove it to Whataburger.. beside that nothing.. been working on my Charger refreshing up a few things then maybe I’ll touch the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drove it to Whataburger.. beside that nothing.. been working on my Charger refreshing up a few things then maybe I’ll touch the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
giphy.gif

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Penzoil synthetic oil change
AVS in-channel vent visors
Rebel style grill off Amazon with the 3 running lights in it
Rear Bilsteins, all done last night. Front 5100's going on this week at some point.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat