What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Link for the valve stem cap?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I added a small, but American look with these valve stem caps. Metal and priced low on Amazon. Also, made in America. I just wish they were a little deeper so the gold part of the stem didn’t show what little it does. And I got my TYCs in from RetroShop. Now waiting for time off and a clear day to install them.

View attachment 235600

View attachment 235601

be careful with metal valve stem caps as I had some on my truck and they got corroded on my valve stems!!! I had to have the local tire shop cut all of the valve stems off and replace them along with 3 of the tire pressure sensors..... wasn’t cheap.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
be careful with metal valve stem caps as I had some on my truck and they got corroded on my valve stems!!! I had to have the local tire shop cut all of the valve stems off and replace them along with 3 of the tire pressure sensors..... wasn’t cheap.

Thanks for the heads up on it. Going to put something on it to prevent that from happening.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

https://www.amazon.com/American-Flag-Valve-Stem-Cap/dp/B07SFM8S4Q

The quote below. Read his. I’m going to get a dab of grease I think and place on mine. Or spray a little WD40 on the stem to prevent the rust.

Thanks for the heads up on it. Going to put something on it to prevent that from happening.

anti-sneeze is your friend, everyone should have a bottle in their shop

LeeD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone settle down, that world's loudest pop you heard was me pulling my head out of my ****. I was verifying for a post on here about Android 11 and AlphaObd working. When I made the original statement, I could read the truck's info file (whatever you call it). The next day I thought I better run through a few of the tests like headlight on, VTA light on, washer motor etc. Well I was getting errors and thought to myself oh shoot I gave out false info.

Took me a whole 12 hr work shift after saying to myself "I can READ the info (configs and gauges), but I can't SEND the command to start the tests" over and over and over. While having a talk with mother nature, the light bulb came on. I can READ but not SEND. You see a couple of months ago I had an issue caused by the fuses not being pushed down all the way and made the truck where it would not start. I had ordered a tow to the dealer and while I was waiting I took out the security bypass cable. And I realized that I never put it back in after getting the issue resolved. Gawd it suks getting old.
You’re not the only only going though that. Lol

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Started off the week by putting in my blacked out TYCs I just got from RetroShop with a 5k HID kit. The lights look amazing. I need to adjust the passenger side up some as it is way lower than the driver side. I also had to email RetroShop because the DRL on the passenger side is only halfway working if you look at it from the front. You have to kneel in front of it to see the top portion is on too. Hopefully he will help out and make it right or has an easy fix for this ad they weren’t cheap.

18F668B3-6951-4C3E-A937-61F764244A97.jpeg

A5EA555F-99A2-46E3-95E5-A692D523D7F0.jpeg

1AD2073B-7A07-401B-AA12-0EED2BB5829C.jpeg

1E192112-2473-43D3-98C5-2F9CA68E4837.jpeg

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^I just did that yesterday. 4WH + TC Off + Tow/Haul Mode On = Looking for snow drifts to plow through and places to drift and do donuts. The first time we had a good snow since I bought it. I was trying to climb a snow mound in my friends parking lot and didn't realize the lady next to me was watching the madness as she tried to get out of her vehicle. lol Good thing we knew each other. She just laughed and shook her head.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Decided to put in the temporary 10” sub box since winter isn’t allowing me to fiberglass one. Soldered the terminal cup to eliminate the bass rattling them loose. Waiting for sub to come in next week. ee9b426febfbe8235909266437ecee6f.jpgbcf656a8432fff627001466d4383ef77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cbrooks45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^I just did that yesterday. 4WH + TC Off + Tow/Haul Mode On = Looking for snow drifts to plow through and places to drift and do donuts. The first time we had a good snow since I bought it. I was trying to climb a snow mound in my friends parking lot and didn't realize the lady next to me was watching the madness as she tried to get out of her vehicle. lol Good thing we knew each other. She just laughed and shook her head.

Why is it better to have the Tow/Haul mode on?

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got it back from the tint shop. Had the front windows tinted 20% to match the factory privacy glass. Then 50% full windshield tint. Also installed my DeeZee tailgate assist. (no pic, we all know what it is) and took the "Ram 1500" and "Hemi" badges off the driver side. need to wash the truck and get the badges off the passenger side still.
Lastly, bought a used Carven Progressive muffler from a member here and threw it on. Achieved the perfect sound I was after.

Again, don't mind the filthy truck, Just showing the tint (and previously installed stubby antenna) since I just got it back last night.

20210202_105050.jpg

NJ_TN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Replaced stock third brake light with a smoked LED one. Trying to find a good set of smoked tail lights