what do i need!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannydiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 dodge ram regular cab
Engine
5.2 v8 magnum
hi i have a 96 dodge ram reg cab long bed and i already have a 3 in bl on it, i am slowly piecing together a 6 in suspension lift and just wanna know what else ill need. so far i have front lift coil springs and i think im gonna put the add a leaf kit i have sitting around on too. i was thinkin on just flipping the leaf shackles and fabricating longer hangers. i also will need a drop steerin arm(cant think of what its call) and i assume shocks. if you could let me know what else i need it will be greatly appreciated.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You will need longer front springs, longer shocks to match, a drop pitman arm, drop track bar bracket, and AAL's for the rear. Extended brake lines and limiting straps would be a very good idea but arent absolutely necessary. Dont use stacking blocks to lift the rear, very unsafe and stupid way to do that.

edit: also need new control arms. Highly recommend long arms over short.... What is your tire size goal? Anything over a 285 Im gonna suggest swapping for Dana 60 axles and regearing...