What dont you like about your gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The pisspoor design of the air blend doors. Plastic stops for a motorized door mounted on the REAR of the box, so have to completely remove it to have feet that aren't blocks of ice.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Hell yes it can! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I spin my 4.7 with 35’s when it’s wet or in the dirt lol I don’t wanna spin when it’s dry anyway **** tires are expensive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spin my 4.7 with 35’s when it’s wet or in the dirt lol I don’t wanna spin when it’s dry anyway **** tires are expensive lol

Lol! That they are man sheez my tires cost more then my rims [emoji23]

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Lol! That they are man sheez my tires cost more then my rims [emoji23]

My rims are gonna cost more than my tires. About $1000, I spent $450 on a set of 35s Federal Couragia, and they’re sitting in the shed patiently waiting for me to buy some rims for them haha

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
so far so good with the ball joints and sway bar.......replaced all the shocks at 50 k over 80k on her now, no cracks in the dash......yet.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The CANBUS and TIPM forcing me to have to use a resistor for every single gosh dang light on the truck lol. Not a big deal but it would be nice to not have to deal with any resistors at all and just plug whatever bulbs you want in wherever and they work

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
The CANBUS and TIPM forcing me to have to use a resistor for every single gosh dang light on the truck lol. Not a big deal but it would be nice to not have to deal with any resistors at all and just plug whatever bulbs you want in wherever and they work

YES! seriously why make it complicated to change a light on a vehicle

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That’s a good question, considering like on my new truck that came with all factory LED turn signals all around on it. Does mine have a big, central resistor pack somewhere for each-corner LED turn signals, or do I just have a whole completely different system that doesn’t require load resistors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
That’s a good question, considering like on my new truck that came with all factory LED turn signals all around on it. Does mine have a big, central resistor pack somewhere for each-corner LED turn signals, or do I just have a whole completely different system that doesn’t require load resistors?

your system is completely different, the controller actually cannot run a halogen bulb, it will mess it up, i created the only harness for the 4th gens that let you run regular headlights on the projector models but when doing so you HAVE to use a LED bulb in the signals, which i dont really have a complaint on though lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your system is completely different, the controller actually cannot run a halogen bulb, it will mess it up, i created the only harness for the 4th gens that let you run regular headlights on the projector models but when doing so you HAVE to use a LED bulb in the signals, which i dont really have a complaint on though lol

Ahhh ok, I actually think I understand all that now. The old systems pretty much were designed to feed higher-current incandescent bulbs which caused the hyper flash or bulb-out when you put replaced with a low-draw LED, whereas mine was designed to actually only put out enough and a specific amount of juice to run LED’s.

I know this isn’t the right thread for it but based on this newfound knowledge, should I be able to run LED backup bulbs and possibly another LED high-mount brake light without having to add resistors?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ahhh ok, I actually think I understand all that now. The old systems pretty much were designed to feed higher-current incandescent bulbs which caused the hyper flash or bulb-out when you put replaced with a low-draw LED, whereas mine was designed to actually only put out enough and a specific amount of juice to run LED’s.

I know this isn’t the right thread for it but based on this newfound knowledge, should I be able to run LED backup bulbs and possibly another LED high-mount brake light without having to add resistors?

that seems to vary on the truck, NONE of my 4th gens cared about me running LEDs in the 3rd or reverse lights, some rams get pissy, I always order a ebay LED 3rd that has LED cargo lights and never have an issue

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that seems to vary on the truck, NONE of my 4th gens cared about me running LEDs in the 3rd or reverse lights, some rams get pissy, I always order a ebay LED 3rd that has LED cargo lights and never have an issue

That’s good to hear. Even on the ones that have the premium headlights and taillights? I thought I read on here while back about someone having issues with replacing the four-digit numbered backup bulbs with LED’s. But either way, I’m looking forward to trying it regardless. Hopefully when I do, I wont have to hit ya up again for that website addy where I got that resistor from to eliminate the glow I had in the cargo light of the old truck. [emoji41]

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
The blend box dying, 16 spark plugs with **** in the way on both sides, **** trans and trans ratios, header bolts, inability to get an intermediate rear end gearset between 4.11 and 4.56, the fact that there's no extended cab anymore...

Sent from my magic 5-inch

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The blend box dying, 16 spark plugs with **** in the way on both sides, **** trans and trans ratios, header bolts, inability to get an intermediate rear end gearset between 4.11 and 4.56, the fact that there's no extended cab anymore...

Well if it makes ya feel any better, the 4th generation Hemi’s are no better. It’ll be a very long while yet to come before I’ll have to change them on my new truck but if I’m not mistaken, there’s still 16 plugs to change that are probably a lot more expensive to replace because unlike the 3rd generation Hemi’s, these must be either a platinum plug or an iridium plug because they get changed like every 100k or so, not every 30k.

As far as the extended cab, that’s technically what the quad cab was, but with just a little bit more room and with real, crew-cab style doors for accessibility. I guess to each is own but I’ve had extended cab pickups in the past and just never thought there was enough room back there, much less if any time ever came up where someone had to actually ride back there.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well, this probably isn’t the right thread to post this but I figured I’d address it to ya since we talked about it but at least the Putco brand LED third I bought, came with a resistor pack that you could unplug if it wasn’t needed, for that low-power glow if you had it. I wasn’t sure if I needed it or not, figured it couldn’t hurt nothin if it didn’t so I just plugged it in anyways.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
If it was a darker tan, I'd dig it. Like FDE. But not this beach sand tan ****. I actually really like interiors that are brown/tan and contrasted brown or black with tan or brown with black more than just black or grey. Gives it more character and a more luxury feel imo rather than just the cookie cutter industry standard of black, grey, or black and grey.
Tan interior for the win to me lol!

3eef47447f5492aa44d7037f05451da3.jpg

OEM seat too, none of mine in the well over 12 3g rams ive had, never one ripped the seat

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
05 here. No cracked dash. I even beat on it a little the other day to see if it was brittle.

Now the defrost vents on the other hand? I poked one moderately and a few pieces fell into the tube...
i think the cracked dash was a pre 06 problem..... i think

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Nah, I like to think of the quad cab as it's own size. A 3/4 door that opens up separately. Imo an extended cab is a 1/2 door that opens after the front does and is more for storage space or subwoofer space than passengers. Unless you sit them sideways back to back.

A single cab to me is a full size door with 1/4 door extra on the cab to serve as space behind the seat. Obviously, a crew cab is 4 full sized doors. And then mega is crew+1/4 door extension.

Reason I want an extended cab as described is because it's a pain to have to walk behind the rear door to open it, and then move to close it and get back in the front. Especially in tight spaces.

This can be solved by making it open suicidally, but the wheelbase is a bit long for my liking, and I rarely use the rear area at all, let alone for people. Might as well get a 2 for 1 deal, right? But alas, it doesn't exist.

And I swear, they must've made the quad cabs smaller in 4g, because I saw a dude comparing a crew 4g to a crew 5g and he complained that the rear seat legroom sucked on the 4g. His knees hit the driver's seat while adjusted to him. So either he doesn't know the proper way to seat himself while driving, or the 3g quad has more space than the 4g crew. Which I doubt.

In any case, these damn trucks don't need to be any longer, so they shouldn't have added 4 inches to the crew cab without making an extended cab, too, imo.

On another note, the 5g quad definitely looked to have a smaller rear seat area when I saw it at a gas station down on I75...

Back to the subject of the thread now! :D

Well if it makes ya feel any better, the 4th generation Hemi’s are no better. It’ll be a very long while yet to come before I’ll have to change them on my new truck but if I’m not mistaken, there’s still 16 plugs to change that are probably a lot more expensive to replace because unlike the 3rd generation Hemi’s, these must be either a platinum plug or an iridium plug because they get changed like every 100k or so, not every 30k.

As far as the extended cab, that’s technically what the quad cab was, but with just a little bit more room and with real, crew-cab style doors for accessibility. I guess to each is own but I’ve had extended cab pickups in the past and just never thought there was enough room back there, much less if any time ever came up where someone had to actually ride back there.

KIDRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 345 Hemi
Poor speakers and sound system in general, bad MPG, poor acceleration-especially from 30-60

No cracked dash on mine but it lives with a sun shade in the window.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca