What dont you like about your gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KIDRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 345 Hemi
I spin my 4.7 with 35’s when it’s wet or in the dirt lol I don’t wanna spin when it’s dry anyway **** tires are expensive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 4.7 can spin my stock tires..... with no weight in the bed.... in the rain...... from a stop[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I spin my 4.7 with 35’s when it’s wet or in the dirt lol I don’t wanna spin when it’s dry anyway **** tires are expensive lol

To be fair any car can do this. I've done both in a Toyota Corolla

earl.allen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hi all! I just picked up my 08 Ram 1500 SLT single cab in Nov and I love the darn thing! I'm 56 and this is my first truck and I'll never drive anything else. I got a Jetta TDI for sale for cheap in Louisiana....

I appreciate this thread... gives me few things to keep in mind like those sway bar links and ball joints.

I gotta say this thing, with only 112K is pristine, save for the nasty collapsed drivers seat. The bed was pretty scratched up as well, so I had a local shop spray in a bed-liner, order a replacement driver's seat bottom and sell me a set of Katskinz premium leather seat covers. So the worst qualities are gone. I also installed four Bilsteins so it rides 1000% better than when I first got it.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Throttle response of the 4.7 is garbage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The pisspoor design of the air blend doors. Plastic stops for a motorized door mounted on the REAR of the box, so have to completely remove it to have feet that aren't blocks of ice.
This!

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1. The radio won't give my CDs back (yes I still listen to them) so I'm researching a replacement.
2. Rust

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
I get mine back right away as it won't read them... [emoji35]

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Loved the look of my 3rd Gen more than my 4th gen as well as the 5.9 cummins fuel economy, but even stock height it ate ball joints, u-joints and wheel bearings and tried to kill me twice. Tie rod that had no play popped apart and put me in the ditch and wheel bearing came apart and locked up the front right wheel long enough to pull me over 2 lanes. Transmission was solid after the rebuild. Blowing a hole in a piston was enough to push me to buy a new truck. Still driving rams though and considering building a 2nd Gen trail truck. Trucks should look like trucks

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This isn’t necessarily a gen 3 problem but more of a dodge problem. But the way they rust is insane. Seriously, you look at em hard enough and they’ll rust away in front of your eyes.

My 08 has barely 50k miles, and has lived the last 5 years of its life in a climate controlled garage, and has only seen snow like 3 times since I got it. And the rear driver side door bottom at the pinch joint is rusting out so bad you can stick your finger through it. There’s no reason for a vehicle that’s been treated so well to rust apart like that. I guess next will be above my rear wheels.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just sold my '08, the thing I didn't like about it most was the dull grey interior.
Even the Laramie models had the dull grey interior with a couple of cheesy plastic wood trim pieces that looked completely of place.
I have a 2007 Sport, and I think the grey interior is really cheap looking. No style at all. Not very durable, either; driver seat is splitting at the outside seam, and the truck only has 58,000 miles. The ride sucks, too. Every expansion joint is felt, like the tires are solid rubber. The ride difference between this and my son's 2016 is huge.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2007 Sport, and I think the grey interior is really cheap looking. No style at all. Not very durable, either; driver seat is splitting at the outside seam, and the truck only has 58,000 miles. The ride sucks, too. Every expansion joint is felt, like the tires are solid rubber. The ride difference between this and my son's 2016 is huge.

It was a great truck but it rode rough and the interior was funky...The new one is way better.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hands down no question the #1 thing I hate about my ram is that if there is as much as a single drop of spit under my tire you can not shoot out into traffic because you move pretty slowly when your tires are roasting lol and that's with 35's!
Second thing that bugs me is it's not a 2020 RAM 3500 H.O. cummins laramie limited mega cab 4x4 [emoji23][emoji23]
I love my truck [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I don't like that it has a pcm and tons of ******** electronics.
I wish to god I could rip all this crap out and throw a carburator on it and call it a day.

NJ Zimaura

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate how loud the lifters ( I think that is what they are called) are at cold start. Please let know if it's not normal.
Also, wish it was a diesel. Lol

NINJA

dtomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bed rust. Can find replacement 2nd and 4th gen beds all day for next to nothing, but 3rd gen beds are rare and extremely expensive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Seats sucks my old 3rd gen single cab I had 4th gen seats much more comfortable so that is in store for the future I would love srt 10 seats if they didn’t cost a million dollars lol

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
  • I don't like that if there's a little dew on the road it breaks the tires loose too easy.
  • I don't like that there is not a factory rear sway-bar.
  • I don't like the wind noise on the a-pillars and door frames at 50+ mph.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't like the TIPM

I don't like the MDS system( its a truck, that MDS system should never of happened. If I want Good fuel mileage. I will drive my Toyota yaris lol)

I don't like the paint chip/ rust spots on the bed by the fenders.

I don't like the plastic insert threaded screw for the spin on transmission filter.

I don't like that there is no drain plug for the transmission pan.

I don't like how the rear hitch is part of the frame. And only 3 bolts holding it on.

I don't like that the wires to the back doors get brittle and break.

I don't like how the A/C condenser is on the side, or that it has its own fan.

Other then that, its a damn good truck. Plenty of power. Iv worked out all the kinks in her. Fixed a few things here and there. Would I buy another one.....yes, yes I would.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Totally agree with MDS in the truck, however totally disagree with its own A/C fan....that's one of the best features. Instant heat transfer, it doesn't have to share cfm with the engine itself and other coolers, especially when not moving and it's strictly the clutch fan. Even on a hot day down south, my truck goes from seventh circle of hell to meat locker in 10, 15 min tops.