What feature/option do you wish you added when you got your new truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mh4262

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
Wish I had power folding mirrors and power rear window..maybe next time
Yes they would be nice to have. we have a couple bank drive thru's that I bet I can't get a finger between my mirror and the wall and or poll. I'm sure I have more room that that but man it looks really close.

OP
OP
M

Mh4262

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
HI new here, just bought a 18 Laramie. Was planning on the Big Horn as it fit my needs but when I looked at the Laramie, heated and cooled leather seats and sunroof I decided to go for that. The dealer took more off the price of the Laramie than the Big Horn. In the end it was less than $1800 difference between the two so I went with the Laramie in white which is the color I wanted. I was interested in the Ram boxes but couldn't find a truck anywhere that had them. Really happy with truck.
The leather interior is nice. I couldn't get over it, but my truck just has the cloth. I really liked how they did the pockets on the back of the driver and passenger seats with the leather buckle strap.

OP
OP
M

Mh4262

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
I wish it came with better headlights and tires, other than that I made sure it had everything I wanted when I bought it.
I think I had a bad set of tires. I had the same problem with 3 or the 4 tires. Looked like it had a blister or something. Every time I would be driving and then the warning on the dash about tire pressure. I took the first one back to the dealer...they agreed with me but said I'de have to go to Goodyear. They guy at Goodyear said I ran over a pothole or something that caused it which was total bs. Within 3 months 3 of the 4 tires had the same type of symptom. I took it to a couple of tire shops and they said it looked like the belt had separated. In the end I didn't get any help with any of the tires.

OP
OP
M

Mh4262

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
Cooled seats! I don't even know if they're available on cloth but it's the only option I would like to have. I always pick cloth over leather so I have never had them but I can dream.
Yea I agree. Cooled seats are nice in the summer!

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I think I had a bad set of tires. I had the same problem with 3 or the 4 tires. Looked like it had a blister or something. Every time I would be driving and then the warning on the dash about tire pressure. I took the first one back to the dealer...they agreed with me but said I'de have to go to Goodyear. They guy at Goodyear said I ran over a pothole or something that caused it which was total bs. Within 3 months 3 of the 4 tires had the same type of symptom. I took it to a couple of tire shops and they said it looked like the belt had separated. In the end I didn't get any help with any of the tires.

I had the same tire problems with two models the 2011 and the 2014 1500 Rams. Belts separated with Goodyear dealer telling me it was pot holes or running over curbs. Curbs I assured him had not happened but Pot Holes I just dodge the larger ones how could any one avoid all the pot holes we have? I replaced the 2011 Goodyear tires with Michelins. No problems at all with the Michelin new tires they had 38000 on them traded in. The 2014 same problems, I replaced with ‎Michelin which had 49000 on them just replaced them. The more I though about the more aggravated I became in 2014. I wrote to Goodyear Tire Company and copied the Regional office as well.

Goodyear called me apologized and sent a check for 628.00 towards the Michelin's I had bought. Getting ready to by a 19 and as soon as the Goodyear issues start I will do the same. At least Goodyear Corporate office took care of it or tried to the second time around. Maybe Goodyear has good tires on the better series,but the ones that came on 2011 and 2014 Rams were not good tires. I hope they changed for the 19's but I have my doubts.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The beauty of the Ram, you can just add the options you want nearly anytime on a later 4th gen.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The beauty of the Ram, you can just add the options you want nearly anytime on a later 4th gen.

How would one go about doing this? I'd really like the full "Park Sense" camera system, the wife's Caddy has it (with bird's eye overhead view) and I'd choose it over the twin-turbo's 420 HP in a heartbeat!

I have little confidence in my dealer, they couldn't even get my front LP bracket on straight...

Russ

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Spray in bedliner….going to check one place locally and what it would cost to have it done.

Little jealous of a truck I saw the other day. 2015 Larimie 3500 Mega cab, dually with the 6.7 Cummins. Guy bought it brand new out in Montana....couldn't believe what he paid for it. I was originally looking for the exact truck in a 2500...but price being what it was, the Big Horn 1500 I have fits the bill right now.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I definitely wanted a backup camera. I did not have one on my 3rd-gen Ram and never knew where my back bumper was at!

I thought (assumed) all new Rams had backup cameras as standard equipment. Every 2017 and 2018 I test drove had one, and every window sticker I looked at had one listed, so I didn't really pay much attention when I test drove the Ram I ultimately purchased.

For some reason, just before I signed the deal to buy my truck, I grabbed the keys off of the salesman's desk and walked out to the parking lot to verify that it had a backup camera. I was stunned to discover that it did NOT.

I told the salesman: either install a backup camera or no deal. I was more than willing to walk away and he knew it. So, they installed one that afternoon and I went back the next day and finalized the paperwork.

Last edited:

OCBray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD HO
4:10 gears, and a better backup camera. The Uconn 5 seems to not adjust to the shadows when backing up to a trailer. The dotted line between the outer park assist lines would help centering the ball to the hitch. My wife's Jeep renegade has the same Uconn 5 unit but her camera is much brighter and has 3 lines for parking assist.

MDRAKE1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought one used. Its perfect!! Still dont known if i like mds on or off...and Except for everything previous owner did. I like dodge

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No!!!.....i didn't ,really wish I would have!

(You can kick me now)...lol

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
No!!!.....i didn't ,really wish I would have!

(You can kick me now)...lol
LOL...Not really why I asked you....I'm getting ready to Order 19 Laramie and thought Perhaps with 392 gear it auto selects the E-Locker rather than the LSD. Some say the LSD is more to the advantage than the E-locker because the E-locker will not stay locked past 20mph. But I cannot verify the accuracy of the LSD Vs. E-locker. But I'm still undecided with which I want. On the build site Ram will not allow selection of E-locker and LSD so it must be one or the other. I also think you can only get the E-locker with 392 gear. So you must have the LSD which may be some what better than the E-locker if the 20 MPH deal is true.

So no kicking you now!! :)

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL...Not really why I asked you....I'm getting ready to Order 19 Laramie and thought Perhaps with 392 gear it auto selects the E-Locker rather than the LSD. Some say the LSD is more to the advantage than the E-locker because the E-locker will not stay locked past 20mph. But I cannot verify the accuracy of the LSD Vs. E-locker. But I'm still undecided with which I want. On the build site Ram will not allow selection of E-locker and LSD so it must be one or the other. I also think you can only get the E-locker with 392 gear. So you must have the LSD which may be some what better than the E-locker if the 20 MPH deal is true.

So no kicking you now!! :)

Ok cool.....but keep me updated ,
I'm interested to know also.
& good luck w/tha new build.

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me it was the push button start and passive entry/exit. And from what I have read it can not be added. I had the eco diesel big horn. I did have remote start....just liked the other option.

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me it was the push button start and passive entry/exit. And from what I have read it can not be added. I had the eco diesel big horn. I did have remote start....just liked the other option.
I added it from on my 2013 Ram lone star and it is great. It is a company out of Laredo Tx. You can do it yourself.
Auto Tech Electronic.
(956)508–3450