What oil are the 6.4L guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Amsoil in everything. Always have. Always will.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar, mobil, royal purple are just a few of the filters made by Fram.

is that right. M0-339 that I have looks nothing like fram but has similarities more like the Purolator line of filters. pure one to be specific.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know who owns who or what companies have holdings in each other but the m0339 isn't simply a repainted fram, as one would be led to believe by your earlier post. actually the two filters have nothing in common. just to clarify

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't know who owns who or what companies have holdings in each other but the m0339 isn't simply a repainted fram, as one would be led to believe by your earlier post. actually the two filters have nothing in common. just to clarify
Danno,keeps on trolling.:**** Eater:

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine

Ok, seems simple and straight to the point.. Prove otherwise...

Danno,keeps on trolling.:**** Eater:

With your posts, who looks like a immature troll??

Last edited:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what am i proving... that a m0339 isnt simply a repainted fram ? anybody short of ray charles can see the diferences in the filters

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
what am i proving... that a m0339 isnt simply a repainted fram ? anybody short of ray charles can see the diferences in the filters

Oh now I understand. I thought you wanted some kind of physical info that fram made mopar filters from this post:

is that right. M0-339 that I have looks nothing like fram but has similarities more like the Purolator line of filters. pure one to be specific.

If it makes you feel better call it purolator, K&N, Hastings... Fact of the matter is that they are made by Fram, no matter how you skin it Fram owns the company.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok, seems simple and straight to the point.. Prove otherwise...

With your posts, who looks like a immature troll??
You must be back into that bottle of courage tonight.:favorites13:

Last edited:

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
according to this, fram and champ labs were aquired by rank group but still remain seperate entities. if i understand it, fram doesnt own ****, nor does it have anything to do with champ lab filters (which you say is oem mopar).

Executive Interview with Bob Larson, President of FRAM Filtration - aftermarketNews
Please understand Danno is our local little troll he just throws stupid **** out there with no basis to see who bites.He seems to be somewhat nuts :insane:

Last edited:

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
according to this, fram and champ labs were aquired by rank group but still remain seperate entities. if i understand it, fram doesnt own ****, nor does it have anything to do with champ lab filters (which you say is oem mopar).

Executive Interview with Bob Larson, President of FRAM Filtration - aftermarketNews

I understand what your saying but it's incorrect. Fram and champion labs are involved with each other, look at the link below from champion labs. Petroclear which is made by champion labs is a Fram filtration product, check for yourself. Champion labs makes the mopar filter along with others, they list what brands they manufacture on their site. I would be more concern with the 4cyl filter on a V8.

Champion Laboratories Inc. - STP/FRAM Air Filter Certified Training Program

PetroClear, A FRAM Filtration Company

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Please understand Danno is our local little troll he just throws stupid **** out there with no basis to see who bites.He seems to be somewhat nuts :insane:

I would like to thank coobie and please everyone help coobie by giving him positive reinforcement. With more support we maybe able to turn coobie from a troll to a productive member able to research and provide valuable information to other members.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would like to thank coobie and please everyone help coobie by giving him positive reinforcement. With more support we maybe able to turn coobie from a troll to a productive member able to research and provide valuable information to other members.
States the little man driving mommies 5.7 hemi truck.But only on the weekends.:baby:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I understand what your saying but it's incorrect. Fram and champion labs are involved with each other, look at the link below from champion labs. Petroclear which is made by champion labs is a Fram filtration product, check for yourself. Champion labs makes the mopar filter along with others, they list what brands they manufacture on their site. I would be more concern with the 4cyl filter on a V8.

Champion Laboratories Inc. - STP/FRAM Air Filter Certified Training Program

PetroClear, A FRAM Filtration Company

your links are rubbish that say nothing about who makes what or who owns who. actually the first link you posted is garbage about cabin filters.

companies aquire and buy out other companies all the time, and sell the other companies products under their name affiliation. but the two companies can and often do remain as separate entities (fram, champ labs), sold under a single franchise name (rank, fram filtration etc)

straight from the horses mouth. I see nothing that suggests champ filters are made on fram assembly lines

You were appointed to your new role at FRAM in January, shortly after FRAM was acquired. Can you bring us up to speed on what has changed within the company since Honeywell sold the Consumer Products Group (of which FRAM was a division) to Rank Group?

FRAM Filtration, our new company name, is the largest global supplier of filtration products for the automotive and commercial transportation industries. We formed the company in January of this year by merging two companies that had been acquired by Rank – Champion Laboratories, which was part of UCI International and FRAM, formerly part of Honeywell. As you can imagine, the past seven months have been an exciting time. We have melded the best from two very different corporate cultures to create an environment where personal accountability is rewarded and everyone enjoys beating the competition in a fair fight. We have put renewed focus on our FRAM product line and it remains the number one retail brand in the world. We also have developed and we are now executing a market growth strategy that leverages the combined product offering and brand strength of both companies. In the midst of all of this, we have competed a major consolidation of our North American manufacturing footprint. So, a lot has changed but the best parts of both companies remain.

Now that you’ve had some time to settle in, what are you goals for the future of this highly respected brand?

As I mentioned, FRAM is the No. 1 retail brand in the world and our No. 1 focus is on strengthening and growing that position. FRAM has been around for more than 75 years because of an ongoing commitment to delivering our customers cost competitive options to extend the life of their engine, and enhance the quality of their driving experience. That is the principle focus of our product development activity for our oil, air and cabin air product lines. On the heavy-duty side of the business, we have the iconic Luber-finer brand, as well as a broad line of FRAM heavy-duty products. This has enabled us to grow significantly across this segment over the past six to nine months.

As you mentioned, Rank Group also owns UCI International (acquired in 2010), which has its own filtration brand – Champion Laboratories. Have these two filtration brands now been merged (FRAM and Champ Labs), or is there room in the market for both?

The name of our new company is FRAM Filtration, but the best of the FRAM and Champ product lines will remain. But we have been going to market as one company for the past seven months.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
:emotions133:

Wow, seems pretty cut and dry as they state what they make and Fram filtration claims champion labs openly. As seen on the champion labs page bottom right, they list what brand name filters are produced. If it's that important to you you can contact champion labs at their email address found on the champion page, it's the email address ending with @framgrp.com

"We proudly manufacture and distribute the following brands of filters:
Luber-finer Logo Champ Logo Mopar Logo
Kleener Logo Imperial XL Logo Ecore Logo
STP Logo TRD Logo MXM Logo
Petro Clear Logo Deutsch Logo VW Logo
Royal Purple Logo Mobil Logo Service Champ Logo
Service Champ Logo"

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
Pennzoil from the dealer here, as well the Mopar filter, or whomever makes it for them!

Local dealer charged me 13 dollars & something cents per liter of oil, which is not too bad....considering the first dealer I called suggested $17 & change per liter...

So far two oil changes done to date.