What oil are the 6.4L guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Pennzoil from the dealer here, as well the Mopar filter, or whomever makes it for them!

Local dealer charged me 13 dollars & something cents per liter of oil, which is not too bad....considering the first dealer I called suggested $17 & change per liter...

So far two oil changes done to date.
You do your own or do you have them do it?

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:emotions133:

Wow, seems pretty cut and dry as they state what they make and Fram filtration claims champion labs openly. As seen on the champion labs page bottom right, they list what brand name filters are produced. If it's that important to you you can contact champion labs at their email address found on the champion page, it's the email address ending with @framgrp.com

"We proudly manufacture and distribute the following brands of filters:
Luber-finer Logo Champ Logo Mopar Logo
Kleener Logo Imperial XL Logo Ecore Logo
STP Logo TRD Logo MXM Logo
Petro Clear Logo Deutsch Logo VW Logo
Royal Purple Logo Mobil Logo Service Champ Logo
Service Champ Logo"

sorry pal but theres nothing cut and dry about it. I see your confused, because theres a champion lab logo on the fram filtration site, so in your mind they must be one of the same and roll off the same assembly line but I don't believe that's the case and all you've done is post useless generic links in an attempt to cause smoke and mirrors. like I said before, companies aquire other companies all the time, practically daily in todays world. a lot of times, maybe even more times than not, they remain as separate entities but are under a new financial owner, which may or may not have some sort of impact on product manufacture, depending on the specifics of the buyout.

this is right from bob larsen. theres a few key phrases to take note of, 'We also have developed and we are now executing a market growth strategy that leverages the combined product offering and brand strength of both companies'. this right here suggests to me that you may see cham labs name on frams site (market growth strategy that leverages the combined product offering), but will remain as separate companies. in lamens terms, chamb labs didn't fold up shop and move into frams building.

a few other things to take note of is a phrase that you pointed out. ' We proudly manufacture and distribute the following brands of filters' . DISTRIBUTE is a key word.

this right here also suggest separation, but going to market as one (which is the champ logo on the fram site). The name of our new company is FRAM Filtration, but the best of the FRAM and Champ product lines will remain. But we have been going to market as one company for the past seven months.

so go ahead and tell the world the eom filter is a fram. anybody with more than a peanut brain will know whats what

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
ready here too

picture.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member