Whipple vs procharger vs magnuson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I’m looking to boost my 2018 Ram 1500 sport (5.7 hemi, 4x4, 8 speed auto).

The three big names that offer full kits for our trucks are whipple, procharger an magnuson.

I’m wondering what other members had as an experience with any of these and what a recommendation would be.

It’s a big investment so before I pull the trigger I wanted to compare the three to make a final decision.

I’m using my truck for a second vehicle. I have a work car that I use as my DD so my truck is basically my toy. I’m not going to be going to the drag strip or anything just want some extra power.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you not going to the track and want a cruiser go with Magnuson or Whipple.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cant go wrong with any of these 3. If interested we offer the Edelbrock kits which use a TVS blower. We also can get you setup with the Procharger as well.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I would love to see some otherwise stock trucks do some dyno pulls on the same dyno same day, add each one of these to them, and then dyno them again to see what's what. So many variables other wise and I don't tend to believe the word of the company that's trying to sell me something as far as hp gain etc. Even then there's still the question of drivability and dependability. I don't want to spent $7,000.00 plus to make my $50,000. truck a pile of chit you can't trust to go around the block. Warranties don't mean much when your on the side of the road.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
For the street, a whipple/magnusson is a better option.

Comparing between whipple and magnusson. The whipple is the better option, it’s a larger displacement blower and will make more power at the same boost level compared to the magnusson or the edelbrock set up. The whipple also has a pretty decent intercooler set up. From talking to people with the magnusson/edelbrock setup, the whipple set up does a better job at keeping the IAT’s down.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Heat pumps! Except for the procharger....lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’m looking to boost my 2018 Ram 1500 sport (5.7 hemi, 4x4, 8 speed auto).

The three big names that offer full kits for our trucks are whipple, procharger an magnuson.

I’m wondering what other members had as an experience with any of these and what a recommendation would be.

It’s a big investment so before I pull the trigger I wanted to compare the three to make a final decision.

I’m using my truck for a second vehicle. I have a work car that I use as my DD so my truck is basically my toy. I’m not going to be going to the drag strip or anything just want some extra power.

Thanks in advance.

Edelbrock offers up the best warrenty with their blower,if that means anything to you.

https://www.edelbrock.com/e-force-supercharger-for-2015-18-ram-1500-5-7l-15175.html

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Roots all day for daliy driver, centrifugal for track always screaming high RPMS. There are exceptions but its a good start if you are a new person to superchargers.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Last edited:
OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I would love to see some otherwise stock trucks do some dyno pulls on the same dyno same day, add each one of these to them, and then dyno them again to see what's what. So many variables other wise and I don't tend to believe the word of the company that's trying to sell me something as far as hp gain etc. Even then there's still the question of drivability and dependability. I don't want to spent $7,000.00 plus to make my $50,000. truck a pile of chit you can't trust to go around the block. Warranties don't mean much when your on the side of the road.

Well I’m sorry you feel that way. I’ve had boosted cars in the past without any issues.

Like I said it’s my second vehicle so it’s not my primary vehicle for daily driving and 7lbs of boost is pretty tame.

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Whipple seems to be where its at right now for our trucks. The 3 fastest 4th gen trucks running 10.9 -11.1 in the 1/4 are all 3 running Whipple.

Good to know! Everyone knows whipple and edelbrock as they have been in the game for a long time and are very reputable. I haven’t heard much about the procharger.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Good to know! Everyone knows whipple and edelbrock as they have been in the game for a long time and are very reputable. I haven’t heard much about the procharger.

Go to Nadodge or Tuned Rams on FB,you'll find quite a few ProCharged guys there.There's a few on here,but you're more likely to find most of the boosted guys on FB these days.Hemi Shop Talk has the real high horsepower car guys on it's FB page.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ripp also sells a kit for the 5.7 and the 3.6. While they don’t have the reputation of the big guys, they are rather popular with mopar crowd.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotta pay to go fast

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ripp also sells a kit for the 5.7 and the 3.6. While they don’t have the reputation of the big guys, they are rather popular with mopar crowd.

Ripp uses vortechs bottom of the line supercharger...if you want to turn up the boost and make more power, they get maxed out and you will have to get another blower.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Procharger has been around a long time. Their F1A blower can make some nice power.