Will mod upgrades void warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finfin510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2109 ram laraime which i just paid for an extended warranty. If i put some bbk headers, a K&N cold intake and a diablo tuner on there will it void my warranty?

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 7

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
To add, I see you're from TX so this applies.
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents automakers from automatically voiding a vehicle's warranty if you use aftermarket car parts and services. You can do a search on the Act and see how it applies.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Diablo tuner would be what caused the voiding out of all those parts you listed. Your altering the programming of the PCM. Actually unlocking it and putting aftermarket code in. Anything internal in the powertrain that failed could be argued it failed due to the parameters in that code. The rest are just boltons.

OP
OP
F

Finfin510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What kind of mods should i put? I have a manifold leak thats why i was going to for the bbks

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What kind of mods should i put? I have a manifold leak thats why i was going to for the bbks
Try the AFE shorties or go full mod manic for the longtubes. I think @danielmid has that brand shorties.
Best bang for the buck bolt-on is 6.4 truck intake.
Lots of little stuff like deleting the clutch fan for the 2.7 v6 efan.
All this ties in with quality custom tuning. These bolt-ons with tuning equals a very significant increase in power.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're worried about warranty, leave it stock until you aren't.

Tune (not diablo), long tubes, 6.4L intake manifold (as long as you aren't etorque), cam. Don't waste money on throttle body or cold air intake.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2109 ram laraime which i just paid for an extended warranty. If i put some bbk headers, a K&N cold intake and a diablo tuner on there will it void my warranty?
the stock air intake is a cold air intake. Have your manifold bolts fixed under warranty. See if the dealer will have them machined at your expense, won’t warp again according to some Ram techs on the forum. Since dealers and Chrysler do their best not honor warranty repairs, I let you decide if a tuner will void your warranty.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
None if you still want your warrenty to be any good.As stated have your original manifolds machined or sanded flat and re-install them with new bolts and gaskets.I reconmend using Remflex 6022 gaskets,they are a thicker graphite gasket that will absorb warpage better then the factory MLS gaskets will

Terry Nemitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you want Headers and a Cold Air Intake, take the truck to a Ram Service Center, buy the parts thru the dealership and have them install them. That way they are covered under the warrenty

Laps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It largely depends on your dealer. But, almost all dealers are now very stringent and intolerant of modifications that alter the performance or stock design of engine and transmission parts. This may even apply to things like suspension modifications. Be very aware and very careful of doing anything that a dealer can claim is a failure due to the owners alterations. And good luck hiring a lawyer and fighting a claim using the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

rosco11

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500 4x4
Engine
The mods you are considering will void the warantee. The headers will require you to adjust the tune on the vehicle wich will automatically void the warantee. Not to mention if you plan on deleting the cats, which is illegal, which will void the warantee on the motor and exhaust system............A cold air intake is....well....stupid to begine with, but if you bypass any of the emission systems to use it, like the pvc system or, again, retuning the computer because you just threw the air temp and flow out of whack, by by warantee on the engine, not to mention it is illegal in most states to bypass anything emission..............About the stupid...........The ONLY place a cold air intake is going to increase performace is strapped to a dyno with a shop fan blowing air over the engine.......The factory air system is designed to pull air from the fender wells or outside of the engine bay....where the hotest air possible can be found. A cold air intake, when you take it off the dyno, unplug the shop fan, close the hood, is going to pull air from, yep, the engine bay. It will become a hot air intake instead of a cold air intake.........and hurt performance on hot days...........That is not even considering how much time and money dodge spent to make sure the air intake system is capable of supplying MORE air than the engine could possible demand at peak performace. you would have to stuff a cam in it and put bigger pistons in the motor or a super/turbo charger to make that motor need more air than the system on the truck was designed to deliver............it is the shiny for the kids who dont know any better. Will not help. Can hurt..........Same with headers. have you considered how much effort dodge put in to make sure the factory exhaust system was shielded from vital areas of the truck? Do you think heat shields are decoration? Do you think removing it and parking super hot heders next to the starter motor and other plastic sensors is the bomb?.............if you want to drive it every day, leave it alone. If you like working on trucks instead of going on dates, have at it.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the stock air intake is a cold air intake. Have your manifold bolts fixed under warranty. See if the dealer will have them machined at your expense, won’t warp again according to some Ram techs on the forum. Since dealers and Chrysler do their best not honor warranty repairs, I let you decide if a tuner will void your warranty.
I' did the machining on my manifold a few years ago, no problem since. The older, the higher mileage that the manifolds are, the better. After they have been thermally cycled enough, all the stresses are relieved. The primary cause of broken bolts and leaking gaskets is the distortion that happened over time on new manifolds. Once they are stress relieved, it is the end of the problem.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It largely depends on your dealer. But, almost all dealers are now very stringent and intolerant of modifications that alter the performance or stock design of engine and transmission parts. This may even apply to things like suspension modifications. Be very aware and very careful of doing anything that a dealer can claim is a failure due to the owners alterations. And good luck hiring a lawyer and fighting a claim using the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
They are particularly bad since stellantis took over, they are apparently dictating to dealers with an iron fist.

Canadian-Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Shorty (RCSB)
Engine
5.7 L
Would anyone by chance know if the Diablosport InTune i3 would/will work with a 6 Speed transmisson? All the sites only list 8 speeds and so far I can't seem to find the answer.