Wire location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noslo_2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I am installing lights under the back for back up lights and some on the side underneath between the doors. I want them all to come on when I unlock the door or open the door so I need to tap the rear dome light wire but am having a hard time locating. I did a search and didn't find anything in this yet sorry if I missed it. Thanks for any help guys.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am installing lights under the back for back up lights and some on the side underneath between the doors. I want them all to come on when I unlock the door or open the door so I need to tap the rear dome light wire but am having a hard time locating. I did a search and didn't find anything in this yet sorry if I missed it. Thanks for any help guys.

i think that rear dome light wire is along the doors on the bottom then goes behind the seat and up to the light. you should be able to remove the sill plate and find the harness. which one it is, i dont know. if you have a voltage test pen you can find out which has power. just be sure the wires are separate from the rest, the pen picks up voltage easy and could pick up voltage from other sire close by.

Luke

Last edited:

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few threads out there on this. I believe the wire is tan/wht...

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Alternatively you could tap into the foot well lights if your truck has them. They come on with the unlock button on the fob.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk