Zone 4" lift with bilsteins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bones261

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info! Truck looks great!!

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet Looks awesome. I can't wait till May doing a Zone 4/2 for my 30th B-day.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet Looks awesome. I can't wait till May doing a Zone 4/2 for my 30th B-day.

Is there any chance you are already leveled with Bilsteins? Was just going to say, if you are.... you should do the 4/3 lift kit. Better ride in the rear end, and you can level it out with the Bilsteins up front. That is what I did. Didn't cost that much more since I already had the Bilsteins on the front.

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any chance you are already leveled with Bilsteins? Was just going to say, if you are.... you should do the 4/3 lift kit. Better ride in the rear end, and you can level it out with the Bilsteins up front. That is what I did. Didn't cost that much more since I already had the Bilsteins on the front.

Yeah I am leveled with Bils and have thought about doing 4/3 due to getting the rear springs over spacer....BUT I like a smaller wheel/fender gap. Plus looking at 17" rims with 0 to -6 offset which may look weird goin to tall. Still haven't made up my mind 100% yet.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I am leveled with Bils and have thought about doing 4/3 due to getting the rear springs over spacer....BUT I like a smaller wheel/fender gap. Plus looking at 17" rims with 0 to -6 offset which may look weird goin to tall. Still haven't made up my mind 100% yet.

Well, you can use mine for reference... 4/3 lift, with Bils @ 1.4" 18x10 wheels with 35"x12" tires. And the wheels are -12 offset. May be a little more fender gap than you like, but I love it. Rides great!

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was amassed at how smooth my truck rides with the 4/3 zone kit. I expected it to be a little rougher but it feels smoother

Eline24lenny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2o12
Engine
5.7L
I wish I would of been on this site sooner I have a 4 inch rough country lift and then purchased the bilstein 5100s went back to the shop that did my lift to have the bilsteins installed to level the front and they said it would make me nose high so they left it on the very first setting sucks. When I told them I still have a rake they came out and measured from the top of each fender to the center of each wheel and it was only a 1/4 inch but that isn't how I measured I would get on a level surface and measure from the top of the fender to the ground so I don't know if this lift is different than a zone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I would of been on this site sooner I have a 4 inch rough country lift and then purchased the bilstein 5100s went back to the shop that did my lift to have the bilsteins installed to level the front and they said it would make me nose high so they left it on the very first setting sucks. When I told them I still have a rake they came out and measured from the top of each fender to the center of each wheel and it was only a 1/4 inch but that isn't how I measured I would get on a level surface and measure from the top of the fender to the ground so I don't know if this lift is different than a zone

How much rear lift did you get on your RC kit? 2" or 3"? If only 2", then the Bils would make you nose high. If you got a 3" rear lift, then Bils at 1.4" would level you. I'm totally level at 43.5" on all four corners from the ground up, on a level surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eline24lenny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2o12
Engine
5.7L
I'm not sure all I know is I got the 4inch lift why does this lift come with different spacers for the rear

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure all I know is I got the 4inch lift why does this lift come with different spacers for the rear

Most lifts come with different rear heights, so you can be fairly level with just a 2" rear spacer, or retain the rake with 3" rear coil springs. The 3" rear coil springs will give you a better ride than the 2" spacers, but then you have the rake to deal with. You can use the Bilsteins to level out that rake. My front actually lifted 5.4" with a 4" lift kit after the Bils were installed.

Eline24lenny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2o12
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the info I'll look tomorrow and see what I got in the rear

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Measure to the center of your wheel - this takes out any variation in tire wear and tire pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No standard 4" BDS lift kit and 35x 12.5 Toyo RT

And thanks

Ok, so 2" spacer in the rear and no Bils up front? Are you pretty level? BDS is a great kit. That's what I have. Love it.

Craig Gile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Have the Zone 4" w/ 3" Coil and Bilstein 5100 set at 0. The Installer and Zone said 5100s have to be set at 0 when used with another lift. They obviously don't read forums!!
My issue is lifted truck measurements are 41 1/2 & 41 3/4 in front and 44 3/4 & 45 5/8 in the rear (Full tank of fuel!). That's 3 1/2" to 4" rake, have not read anyone else having that big of a difference after install. Heck, even changing 5100s to 1.4 like a lot have done leaves me raked!!
Looking at 5100s to 1.4 and dropping to stock spring and block (2" rear kit) to go get kind of level. Should get me 1/2" rake, just a lot of work.