‘22 Warlock headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hank21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

I have a ‘22 warlock, 5.7, had it for about a week, brand new from the dealer.
The truck is back in the shop due to a headlight issue.

It appears the passenger headlight (low beam) is unfocused and throws a circular beam as oppose to the drivers side which is focused and linear. (Picture included)

The dealership changed out the housing and the bulbs, still the same result.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Im still awaiting an answer from Ram to see if this is a common issue or an issue at all…

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ps- headlights were recently levelled by the dealer and allegedly aligned.

Attachments

• BF5FF3A4-B1DC-436A-BC9F-DFAB562F6653.jpeg
    BF5FF3A4-B1DC-436A-BC9F-DFAB562F6653.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 23

KingJ2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check if the headlight assembly is solidly bolted.

It may simply be a bolt that has not been properly tightened.

I encountered that issue when I upgraded my headlights from halogen to HIDs. When I first tested them against the garage door, they looked perfectly aligned. However, when driving on the highway, I noticed the passenger side light beam was not aligned with the driver's side. A simple turn on the bolt solved that issue.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a few posts on here about the passenger side light being brighter than the driver. Most believe it is to help minimize glare into oncoming traffic. If it were me, I'd adjust the driver side up that it aligned with the passenger side. Get the cutoffs even and probably won't be quite as noticeable. No need to go to a dealer just get a torx driver and park if front of a flat wall and make the necessary adjustment to height. Should take you less than 5 minutes.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My 21 has that bigger passenger light effect. Swapped the high and low to LED, passenger side was way out of alignment. Removing the lights to adjust left/right is a pain. Realizing the low beam LED’s, while they look good, provide no actual road lighting in the dark. Swapped in an overpriced ultra bright set of halogens back into the low beams. Removed the lights again to adjust them properly left and right….

Short story long, my overpriced ultra bright halogen low beams are adjusted properly and light the road well with nobody flashing me. The high beam LED’s light up the retinas of drivers miles away. Passenger low beam still appears fatter than the drivers. I am now an expert at removing and adjusting Warlock headlight… it’s still a pain and I will be playing with them no more.

OP
OP
H

Hank21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey thanks for the replies so far.

The dealership replaced the headlight housing on both sides and installed a brighter halogen bulb…still the same result - the beam pattern varies from the passenger to the drivers side with the passenger beam being more circular as in the picture above.

Theres still no confirmation from RAM if this is normal but even if it is, Im not sure Im able to accept it.

Stay tuned…

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey thanks for the replies so far.

The dealership replaced the headlight housing on both sides and installed a brighter halogen bulb…still the same result - the beam pattern varies from the passenger to the drivers side with the passenger beam being more circular as in the picture above.

Theres still no confirmation from RAM if this is normal but even if it is, Im not sure Im able to accept it.

Stay tuned…
Raise the driver side up a hair and it'll cover up the bigger hot spot. Like I said. It's been reported several times on this forum that the passenger side seems brighter on projector trucks and it's been deduced that it's to help minimize glare. Reduced output (smaller hotspot) on the driver side instead of the stepped cutoff as seen on other vehicles or projectors. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the shape of the cutoff on the driver side to slightly degrade output compared to the passenger side. Compare the high beam patterns (make sure the headlights are switched on) to see if they are identical. If they are, answers in the cutoff. But. As I said, drive up to a flat wall, and adjust the aim up slightly on the driver side and you'll minimize the effect as the light will wash out some and be less noticeable.

OP
OP
H

Hank21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up getting some brighter halogen bulbs and afterwards did exactly that…manually adjusted the lights to bring down the ‘halo’ on the passenger side. It looks great now and im happy with it.

What the dealer told me is that they use a machine to level the lights - it clearly didnt work.

I appreciate all the replies folks, I thought I was starting to loose it.

Cheers

montanabound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What halogen bulbs did you go with? Did those bulbs make a difference? Do you have any before and after pictures? I’ve been contemplating getting a HID kit since you can’t put regular led bulbs in projector housings without dead spots.

OP
OP
H

Hank21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So following my original post I went with sylvania zxe’s - they were an improvement.

2 weeks ago approximately, I installed Fahren’s 9005’s purchased from Amazon, low beam only. They are LED’s. Some guys say you cant run LED’s in the projector housing but I’ve had no issues and really like the Fahren LED’s.

I clocked them in the 3 & 9 position, I’ve driven long stretches of highway, not getting flashed.

Easy install, true plug n play.

Heres a pic of the Fahren LEDs.

Attachments

• F4C6D3FE-61AD-4B8D-9C7E-A61D2BBF78AB.jpeg
    F4C6D3FE-61AD-4B8D-9C7E-A61D2BBF78AB.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 5