“Banks” throttle monster.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hogsters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody install the Banks throttle monster on their diesel truck or something similar? Just wondering if it’s really an improvement or if something out there that’s better.

Olie426

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have the Banks pedal monster and really like it. I've only been using it for a week or so but I do like the throttle response. We live full time in our RV so it definitely is noticeable while towing. There's so many settings for you to fine tune and I like the safety setup in the unit. Any issues and it returns everything to stock. No dead pedal while driving.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had the Banks pedal monster on my truck for a half year, I didn't like it. The acceleration curve/profile doesn't fit what I wanted. I want the first bit of the pedal to be unchanged from stock, but as you press it down further and further I wanted more sensitivity there. But I can't get that. In the parking lot or at low speeds the pedal is too jumpy for my taste.

I'm happier at stock to be honest.

schlu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
I am looking to buy a new 2022 ram big horn 1500 4x4 - specifically leaning to 3.21 for fuel economy. This purchase will rarely be used to tow and if I do tow it will not exceed 4000 pounds. I have been reading probably way too much on the 3.21 vs 3.92 discussion. Yes I have drove the 3.92 and yes I do like the low torque from the dead stop but not sure that will outweigh the mpg savings over the 3.21. In regards to the banks pedal monster in your experience did u “feel” you got that initial jump from go? Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am looking to buy a new 2022 ram big horn 1500 4x4 - specifically leaning to 3.21 for fuel economy. This purchase will rarely be used to tow and if I do tow it will not exceed 4000 pounds. I have been reading probably way too much on the 3.21 vs 3.92 discussion. Yes I have drove the 3.92 and yes I do like the low torque from the dead stop but not sure that will outweigh the mpg savings over the 3.21. In regards to the banks pedal monster in your experience did u “feel” you got that initial jump from go? Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
It's very hard to describe in words; but no, in my experience the pedal monster did not positively change anything. It simply felt like I was in a hurry all day. Rather than feeling more powerful, all it did was feel like the gas pedal was super sensitive and twitchy. I felt myself straining in my ankle to get the "exact" pressure I wanted, slightly too much and the truck just went nuts. I want a relaxed drive. I ended up setting the device to "+2" and got almost what I wanted, but then I'm like "what's the point?" Just take it off because it isn't making any significant change anyway and after driving with it for half a year and going back to stock, I was much happier at stock.

My previous ride was a 2012 Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 and with the mercedes 5 speed and like 3.09 or 3.12 rear end gears; it was a complete and utter dog, and the pedal was even worse in terms of response. Moving up to the Ram with the 5.7 and 8 speed and 3.21 was like I gained 500 extra hp, so IF the pedal is still laggy compared to sports cars, I'm simply fine with how it works. It's a great daily driver. I literally never notice there is any lag in this truck.

schlu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
It's very hard to describe in words; but no, in my experience the pedal monster did not positively change anything. It simply felt like I was in a hurry all day. Rather than feeling more powerful, all it did was feel like the gas pedal was super sensitive and twitchy. I felt myself straining in my ankle to get the "exact" pressure I wanted, slightly too much and the truck just went nuts. I want a relaxed drive. I ended up setting the device to "+2" and got almost what I wanted, but then I'm like "what's the point?" Just take it off because it isn't making any significant change anyway and after driving with it for half a year and going back to stock, I was much happier at stock.

My previous ride was a 2012 Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 and with the mercedes 5 speed and like 3.09 or 3.12 rear end gears; it was a complete and utter dog, and the pedal was even worse in terms of response. Moving up to the Ram with the 5.7 and 8 speed and 3.21 was like I gained 500 extra hp, so IF the pedal is still laggy compared to sports cars, I'm simply fine with how it works. It's a great daily driver. I literally never notice there is any lag in this truck.
Thank you for the input. Have you made an attempt to mod for increased low end torque outside of the pedal monster?

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you for the input. Have you made an attempt to mod for increased low end torque outside of the pedal monster?

I thought about it but I'm all over the map lately when it comes to what to do with my truck. Right now I'm leaning heavily towards getting a diesel so I no longer have any interest in modding my truck.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the same mileage as 3 of my buddies who have the 3.21 vs my 3.92. Everyone of them regrets the 3.21.

Alan Eldred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had the Banks for about 3 months now and really like it. Throttle response is much improved, when you put it to the pedal there's no hesitation and seat of the pants feels more powerful even though they say it doesn't do that.