04 Ram 2500 Hemi 4x4 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcj.kd0hzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2004 Ram 2500HD with a Quad cab, 6.5ft bed and it is 4x4. I am planning to do a complete exhaust system remodel.
First question I have is if anyone has tried installing these headers on a Ram 2500 not just a Ram 1500. From what I have found the big difference in fit of headers is weather the truck is 2wd or 4wd. I may be wrong but I don’t believe there are many differences that would affect header pipes between the Ram 1500 4wd and a Ram 2500 4wd, but please correct me if I am wrong.
These are the headers I am looking at now, open to other Long Tube headers in the same price range ($300-$400).
PaceSetter Long Tube Headers 70-2211 for 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/psm-70-2211/overview/year/2004/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

For the overall exhaust remodel I am planning to do
-Long Tube Headers
-Debating removing the Cats --Opinions welcomed
-True dual exhaust 3in pipes all the way
-Offroad “H” or “X” pipe
-Not sure which mufflers
-Either end the tail pipes at the tailgate like normal of end the tail pipes after the cab underneath or out the side.
Goals for this project are
-Increase power and mpg
-Increase deep throaty sound, but not too loud at cruising speeds

I have done mechanical work on vehicles in the past but have not gotten into much in the way of modifications so I welcome all opinions and input. Thank you for your time.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no idea about the front suspension on the 2500s but I feel like I've seen people posted that they won't work

Trillwizzard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have tried the long tube pacesetters

I have tried them on the 03 looks like the main problem is the lack of room in between the head and the frame rail with the pacesetters

Trillwizzard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to try to make these work on this truck tho with the least amount of cutting/welding cuz l really like the way these sounds and I really like the price point

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
M

mcj.kd0hzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have tried them on the 03 looks like the main problem is the lack of room in between the head and the frame rail with the pacesetters

Is there a different set of long tube headers that have similar sound but fit better? i dont have easy access to a welder.

Trillwizzard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 shorties, one long tube

Off the top of my head the 2 working 2500 headers are JBA 1961S-1
Flowtech 91948FLT

And then the only bolt in long tube header to my knowledge "don't quote me" for the 2500 is American Racing and you have to specifically call them on the phone it's not listed on there site

OP
OP
M

mcj.kd0hzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long tube vs. Short tube

Ok so how much / what kind of difference does the long tube vs. short tube headers actually make?

From the little bit of youtube reviews and web searchs I have found, it sounds like the long tubes give more deep sound and hp then the short tubes. Found a few places that have said short tubes arent worth the money.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I put longtubes on my 03 Hemi, I can tell a good difference in power, but don't expect mpg increase. Mine didn't change one bit on hand calculated mileage. I removed the cats also, more for the sake of not buying a new converter. I don't think they affect too much. If I did it again I'd consider leaving them in just for the sake of not having the rotten egg exhaust smell...