05 Ram 1500 with broken driver side recline mechanism

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigdaddyBW18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to find out if anyone knows if the mechanism that controls the recline function can be replaced or do you have to replace the whole seat and pedestal that the seat rides on?

Currently my seat is sitting 6 inches into my back seat of my quad cab. ;-)

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Trying to find out if anyone knows if the mechanism that controls the recline function can be replaced or do you have to replace the whole seat and pedestal that the seat rides on?

Currently my seat is sitting 6 inches into my back seat of my quad cab. ;-)
You probably just stripped the handle, does it feel really easy the move handle? Unscrew handle and you can get a pair of pliers on it to turn and release the mechanism for the time being till you can order a new handle. That’s what happened to mine anyway, but yours may be more than just the handle though, pull it apart to see what’s going on.

OP
OP
B

BigdaddyBW18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish it was just stripped. Unfortunately I had a car wash use it as a step stool to get to the top of my truck. They actually broke the metal head that the handle screws into. So I have a new handle but there is nothing to attach to at this point. I just don't know if the mechanism itself can be replaced.