09 front end whine troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUeagle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here's the situation-

2009 Sport 4x4 crew with the 5.7 Hemi, non-posi rear

At or above 69-70 MPH I can hear an intermittent whine from the passenger front of the truck. It is audible to me and any passengers, and quite a pain to listen to on the interstate. Once you can hear it, as far as I can tell the pitch/volume don't change according to speed (with that being said, I haven't gotten much above 75-80, so my sample range isn't very large to confirm this). I have owned the truck for about 4 months and it has done it since I bought it (noticed it on the way home, of course). I have confirmed it is not the road as it has happened in multiple places on multiple interstates and highways.

Dealership states they cannot reproduce. I have videos containing the noise, and as soon as they are uploaded to photobucket I'll link them here.

Any suggestions you folks can give me would be greatly appreciated. The truck is at the dealership now getting the lumbar adjust motor replaced and the exhaust manifolds fixed, so if I could come up with something specific for them (and me) to look at maybe it might help. Thanks!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would guess bearing, if it's coming form one side.

Though with bad bearings the sound would increase with speed and also be louder in cornering...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca